112dB has released version 1.1.7 of Cascade, a free feature update of its synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
This update includes a new pre-filter that gives more sophisticated control over the Cascade synthesis and enables you to bring more definition to the sound. New LFO waveforms expand the sonic possibilities of Cascade, and ENV 2 has been improved to give you more control over the envelope curve. Additionally, more than 40 new presets have been added that make use of the new enhancements.
Changes in Cascade v1.1.7
- New LFO waveforms: 3-step, random glide and random hold.
- Pre Cascade filter (for a better control over the spectral input before it enters the Cascade module).
- New presets.
- Improved delay modulation.
- ‘new’ command has been added to the preset menu.
- ENV2 is bipolar now (the output can be negative too).
- Real time control improvements in ENV2.
- The envelope stages of ENV2 can be edited directly in the display.
- A fifth stage has been added to ENV2.
- Fixed: Computer key issue in standalone version (spikes in the sound when you touched a button).
Cascade for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for 159 EUR. The update is free for all registered users.
An unrestricted 60-day evaluation version is available for download.