112dB releases Big Blue Compressor
112dB has released Big Blue Compressor, a tube-modeling compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The Big Blue Compressor is a modern compressor with vintage qualities. Although it can sound transparent whenever necessary, it was designed to give character and warmth to your sound.
Modern features from the digital world, including a Look Ahead function, are paired with qualities from the analog world, such as the saturation of transients that is typical of tube compressors. Far more than a tool to compress the dynamic range of sound, the Big Blue Compressor gives you unprecedented control over the character of the compression algorithm and the esthetics of the output sound. This enables you to vary from very clean and smooth results to dramatic reshaping of the sound transients.
Big Blue Compressor features
- Tube-compressor-style dynamic saturation.
- Separate preamp section for extra overdrive.
- Variable-knee limiting with proprietary tube modeling.
- Dry/wet control for parallel compression.
- Stereo imaging: stereo narrowing or widening, mid/side mode.
- Auto makeup gain, in addition to user-adjustable makeup gain.
- Adjustable look ahead from 0 to 5 ms.
- Peak/RMS compression mode.
- Sidechain monitor option.
- User-adjustable latency from 0.01 to 5 ms (6 to 440 samples @ 44.1kHz).
- Low- and high-pass filters on input and side chain with unique scaling, allowing for high-precision adjustments at critical frequencies.
Big Blue Compressor for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AS) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 99 EUR / $99 USD through August 15, 2012 (regular 149 EUR / $149 USD.
Samplephonics releases Conga & Tumba Loops