Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
112dB releases Morgana 30-day beta version (and contest)
112dB has released a 30-day beta version of their authentic representation of a vintage digital sampler VSTi Morgana.
- Faithful representation of sampling technology circa 1984
- High quality 4 pole lowpass filter per voice (analog modeled OTA design)
- Non-destructive input modeling, including samplerate adjustment and mic preamp
- Vintage microprocessor emulation including modulator quantizing and digital crosstalk
- Support for multiple output modes, including mono, stereo, pseudo- stereo, and pseudo-surround with up to 8 outputs
- Dynamic multisample keymapping
- Each copy of Morgana sounds slightly different, just like analog hardware
- Proprietary SampLink technology allows live sample recording across different applications
- Specifically tailored for use in live performances
You can get a 30-day beta of Morgana by registering to the 112dB forum.
Additionally you can win a retail copy of Morgana by getting first place in one of these three categories: Showstopper-stopper (for best bug reports/feedback), Samplemaster (entrant who submits the best sample/patch) and Morgana Maestro (entrant who submits the best composition which utilizes Morgana in its sound generation, in part or in whole).
Participation in the beta will also be awarded with a 25% discount towards the retail version of Morgana if you decide to purchase it. The contest runs until the 7th of July (or the final commercial release of Morgana, whichever is later).