Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
112dB releases Morgana sampler instrument
Morgana doesn’t try to boast the most impressive spec sheet, or the most transparent sound. By returning to a simpler architecture, Morgana actually transcends the limitations of typical software samplers, creating an experience that sounds and feels like an actual instrument–one that is inspiring and with a sound all its own.
- 16 voice digital sampler.
- Two part multitimbrality.
- 8-bit sampling rate.
- Variable sample rate from 10.1KHz to 29.41KHz.
- Two APDSR envelopes for filter and amplitude.
- Two sample oscillators per voice.
- 4-pole analog modeled filter per voice with cutoff and resonance controls.
- Keytracking generator for filter cutoff.
- Relative level, cutoff, transpose, and detune per sample.
- Non-destructive input modeling with antialias filter, mic preamp, and gain control.
- LFO with MIDI clock sync.
- Flexible MIDI learn system.
- SampLink technology for full-featured realtime sampling capabilities.
- Support for WAVE, AIFF, and ReCycle (.REX/.RX2) sample formats.
- Support for different tunings through .SCL tuning files.
Morgana is currently available for Windows (VST) as a download version (30.5 MB) for the price of 169 EUR. (This price includes the upcoming RTAS version for Windows and RTAS/VST/AU version for Mac OSX, which will be made available as a free download for all registered users when they become available).