Sonivox has announced the release of Big Bang Cinematic Percussion 2.0, a virtual percussion instrument library for Windows and Mac.
Whether you are searching for that extra bit of rhythmic flavor, or striving to create the most epic of battle cues, Big Bang Cinematic Percussion 2.0 packs the punch you need to get the job done in minutes.
At its core, Big Bang Cinematic Percussion serves up a powerful selection of cinematic drum and percussion instruments, all painstakingly created by top SONiVOX sound designers and ready to spark some serious fire under your musical scores. Each instrument has been lavishly captured, and was played with the proper professional technique. The multi-velocity, multi-take round robin format provides the pinnacle of realism.
Big Bang Cinematic Percussion 2.0 features
- Powerful percussion sounds with full user control.
- MIDI Learn provides instant compatibility with any MIDI controller.
- IRC (Intelligent Rhythm Control) for fast, user-friendly timing and feel control.
- 200+ percussion instruments; 15+ GB of premium content.
- Multi-velocity/multi-take round robin programs deliver the ultimate realism.
- View patches by genre, scene, and class via the new integrated patch browser.
- 64-bit and 32-bit VST and AU support; RTAS support.
The instrument library is available to purchase for $199.99 USD. Big Bang Cinematic Percussion users can upgrade for $29.99 USD.
More information: Sonivox / Big Bang Cinematic Percussion 2
Sensomusic has updated its Usine Hollyhock music production software to version 1.01.007d.
Usine is dedicated to live music and real-time installations. It’s not a traditional Digital Audio Workstation so, it has a very specific approach. Also it’s a modular environment, which means that, even if you can find many ready to use examples, the main goal is to create and customize your live set to fit it exactly to your needs. Usine is different but finally you’ll realize that it is one of the most powerful audio software you can find.
Changes in Usine Hollyhock v1.01.007
- New Rack layout as columns.
- Option in the setup to have Patches, Grid, etc in a floating windows for multi monitors.
- Pianoroll, Scripts, Browser windows resizeable.
- Racks panels can be minimized..
- Scrollbar in Interface Builder.
- User curves in Sample player module.
- Audio engine optimization.
- Various improvement in the Physics engine.
- The Preset Panel contains 32 presets.
- Plugins now compatible at patch/wkp level (win32, win64, osx32 and VST, AU).
- Optimization of midi events flow.
- Many other improvements.
- Most of reported issues fixed.
Usine Hollyhock is available to purchase for the introductory price of 159 EUR (regular 199 EUR).
More information: Sensomusic
Jonathan Howe has released a free virtual Glockenspiel instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Kontakt interface features a simple reverb on/off switch, a knob for the size of the reverb, a function that randomly detunes the keys and a simple 3-Band EQ.
I recently started my first little sampling project and to keep things simple I started with a glockenspiel that I had lying around here for a while now.
It consists of 1 and a half octave and I have sampled 7 velocity layers for each note. Naturally it can play in the keys of C, G and F but I have stretched some samples to make it a little more versatile. I colored these red on the keyboard so you know when you are using stretched samples and can avoid them if you don’t want to. Additionally I added a few sounds of dropping the mallet one octave below the playing range, making it 101 individual samples!
Jonathan’s Glockenspiel is available to download at no charge.
More information: Jonathan’s Glockenspiel
, FL Studio
, Keith McMillen Instruments
Posted in news
on Jun 28, 2013 - 0 comments
Keith McMillen Instruments has announced that its QuNeo 3D multi-touch pad controller is now supported by over 30 popular music applications, including new integration for FL Studio, Reason, VirtualDJ and Spark.
QuNeo, the most expressive pad controller on the market, is now the most widely supported. QuNeo works out of the box with over 30 music applications, yet allows for easy tweaking to suit every player’s needs.
New QuNeo integration
- FL Studio 11 — FL Studio is one of the most widely used music production software applications. The recent release FL Studio 11 by Image-Line Software includes native support for QuNeo and a new Performance mode for clip-launching. “Image-Line is happy to include QuNeo as a supported MIDI controller in FL Studio,” said Image-Line Communications Manager, Scott Fisher. “FL Studio 11′s new Performance mode allows QuNeo users to do live triggering of their playlist clips.”
- Reason 7 — Reason is a popular and powerful music production studio from Propellerhead Software. Released in April, Reason 7 includes built in control surface support for QuNeo. “Controlling Reason with QuNeo gives you a different way to approach your music making, and the unique controller offers some really exciting features for interacting with your Reason rack,” said Propellerhead Product Specialist, Mattias Häggström Gerdt. It’s now easier than ever to use QuNeo’s X-Y location and pressure sensitive pads to bring expressive levels of performance control to Reason. Each of QuNeo’s pads can act as both a keyboard key and a 3-D effects joystick. QuNeo’s additional sliders, rotaries and buttons provide even more ways to interact with Reason.
- VirtualDJ — VirtualDJ is a popular DJ software application with a large, world-wide user base. In partnership with KMI, Atomix Productions has developed a QuNeo preset and control surface mapping for VirtualDJ which provides a wide range of performance options. “It was a real pleasure working with QuNeo and the KMI staff to bring such a versatile product to VirtualDJ users, and we look forward to working with other products from Keith McMillen,” said Atomix Hardware Development Engineer, Chris Stoll. Users can scratch, crossfade between decks, alter the tempo of tracks, control loops, filters, effects and key changes, access cue points, and trigger samples. When scratching with QuNeo’s rotaries, looping or hot cue triggering, users can leverage Virtual DJ’s “Slip Mode” which automatically returns the track to the point where it would be if none of these actions had occurred.
- Arturia Spark — Arturia’s innovative software instruments are a natural fit with QuNeo. In partnership with Arturia, KMI has developed QuNeo control surface mappings and a custom QuNeo preset for Spark, Spark Vintage Drum Machines, Spark DubStep and Spark EDM. Using QuNeo factory presets, users can play individual pads or drum patterns, perform drum loop manipulation, and control effects. The custom Spark QuNeo preset provides more advanced features like additional effects control, the use of QuNeo’s rotaries, and the ability to activate transport controls from QuNeo.
The QuNeo is available to purchase for $249.95 USD.
More information: Keith McMillen Instruments / QuNeo
, Applied Acoustics Systems
, instrument plugins
Posted in promo
on Jun 28, 2013 - 0 comments
Applied Acoustics Systems has announced its 15th Anniversary Sale, offering 50% off selected products.
2013 marks our 15th anniversary! AAS was indeed founded in 1998 and, looking back, we are very proud of our family of instruments and most grateful to our customers and partners who made all this possible.
To celebrate this milestone, we are happy to offer you a 50% discount on Lounge Lizard EP-4, Chromaphone, and Ultra Analog VA-1. We have also cooked up a bundle of these three unique instruments at an unbeatable price.
The sale ends July 31st, 2013.
More information: Applied Acoustics Systems
, samples and sound libraries
, The Loop Loft
Posted in news
on Jun 27, 2013 - 0 comments
The Loop Loft has announced a World Drums & Percussion Blowout Sale, offering a 50% discount on selected sample libraries for a limited time.
Save 50% on thousands of grooves from around the world!
From Africa, to Brazil, to India, we have the authentic world loops you need, and now you can save 50% on these incredible collections!
The sale ends July 1st, 2013, 12:00AM EST.
More information: The Loop Loft / World Drums & Percussion Sale
ADSR Sounds has released Hyper, a collection of 50 Drum & Bass patches for Native Instruments Kontakt.
This pack is for producers looking to add to their sonic palette.
Consisting of heavy basses, rhythmic sequences, Techy Leads, Plucks, Sweeps, Rises and much more – this collection of sounds is sure to feature in many DnB productions.
A sublime collection of Kontakt presets worthy of any Drum & Bass producers productions.
The sample pack costs $9 USD.
More information: ADSR Sounds / Hyper