Jonathan Howe has released a free virtual Glockenspiel instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Kontakt interface features a simple reverb on/off switch, a knob for the size of the reverb, a function that randomly detunes the keys and a simple 3-Band EQ.
I recently started my first little sampling project and to keep things simple I started with a glockenspiel that I had lying around here for a while now.
It consists of 1 and a half octave and I have sampled 7 velocity layers for each note. Naturally it can play in the keys of C, G and F but I have stretched some samples to make it a little more versatile. I colored these red on the keyboard so you know when you are using stretched samples and can avoid them if you don’t want to. Additionally I added a few sounds of dropping the mallet one octave below the playing range, making it 101 individual samples!
Jonathan’s Glockenspiel is available to download at no charge.
More information: Jonathan’s Glockenspiel
, FL Studio
, Keith McMillen Instruments
Posted in news
on Jun 28, 2013 - 0 comments
Keith McMillen Instruments has announced that its QuNeo 3D multi-touch pad controller is now supported by over 30 popular music applications, including new integration for FL Studio, Reason, VirtualDJ and Spark.
QuNeo, the most expressive pad controller on the market, is now the most widely supported. QuNeo works out of the box with over 30 music applications, yet allows for easy tweaking to suit every player’s needs.
New QuNeo integration
- FL Studio 11 — FL Studio is one of the most widely used music production software applications. The recent release FL Studio 11 by Image-Line Software includes native support for QuNeo and a new Performance mode for clip-launching. “Image-Line is happy to include QuNeo as a supported MIDI controller in FL Studio,” said Image-Line Communications Manager, Scott Fisher. “FL Studio 11′s new Performance mode allows QuNeo users to do live triggering of their playlist clips.”
- Reason 7 — Reason is a popular and powerful music production studio from Propellerhead Software. Released in April, Reason 7 includes built in control surface support for QuNeo. “Controlling Reason with QuNeo gives you a different way to approach your music making, and the unique controller offers some really exciting features for interacting with your Reason rack,” said Propellerhead Product Specialist, Mattias Häggström Gerdt. It’s now easier than ever to use QuNeo’s X-Y location and pressure sensitive pads to bring expressive levels of performance control to Reason. Each of QuNeo’s pads can act as both a keyboard key and a 3-D effects joystick. QuNeo’s additional sliders, rotaries and buttons provide even more ways to interact with Reason.
- VirtualDJ — VirtualDJ is a popular DJ software application with a large, world-wide user base. In partnership with KMI, Atomix Productions has developed a QuNeo preset and control surface mapping for VirtualDJ which provides a wide range of performance options. “It was a real pleasure working with QuNeo and the KMI staff to bring such a versatile product to VirtualDJ users, and we look forward to working with other products from Keith McMillen,” said Atomix Hardware Development Engineer, Chris Stoll. Users can scratch, crossfade between decks, alter the tempo of tracks, control loops, filters, effects and key changes, access cue points, and trigger samples. When scratching with QuNeo’s rotaries, looping or hot cue triggering, users can leverage Virtual DJ’s “Slip Mode” which automatically returns the track to the point where it would be if none of these actions had occurred.
- Arturia Spark — Arturia’s innovative software instruments are a natural fit with QuNeo. In partnership with Arturia, KMI has developed QuNeo control surface mappings and a custom QuNeo preset for Spark, Spark Vintage Drum Machines, Spark DubStep and Spark EDM. Using QuNeo factory presets, users can play individual pads or drum patterns, perform drum loop manipulation, and control effects. The custom Spark QuNeo preset provides more advanced features like additional effects control, the use of QuNeo’s rotaries, and the ability to activate transport controls from QuNeo.
The QuNeo is available to purchase for $249.95 USD.
More information: Keith McMillen Instruments / QuNeo
, Applied Acoustics Systems
, instrument plugins
Posted in promo
on Jun 28, 2013 - 0 comments
Applied Acoustics Systems has announced its 15th Anniversary Sale, offering 50% off selected products.
2013 marks our 15th anniversary! AAS was indeed founded in 1998 and, looking back, we are very proud of our family of instruments and most grateful to our customers and partners who made all this possible.
To celebrate this milestone, we are happy to offer you a 50% discount on Lounge Lizard EP-4, Chromaphone, and Ultra Analog VA-1. We have also cooked up a bundle of these three unique instruments at an unbeatable price.
The sale ends July 31st, 2013.
More information: Applied Acoustics Systems
, samples and sound libraries
, The Loop Loft
Posted in news
on Jun 27, 2013 - 0 comments
The Loop Loft has announced a World Drums & Percussion Blowout Sale, offering a 50% discount on selected sample libraries for a limited time.
Save 50% on thousands of grooves from around the world!
From Africa, to Brazil, to India, we have the authentic world loops you need, and now you can save 50% on these incredible collections!
The sale ends July 1st, 2013, 12:00AM EST.
More information: The Loop Loft / World Drums & Percussion Sale
ADSR Sounds has released Hyper, a collection of 50 Drum & Bass patches for Native Instruments Kontakt.
This pack is for producers looking to add to their sonic palette.
Consisting of heavy basses, rhythmic sequences, Techy Leads, Plucks, Sweeps, Rises and much more – this collection of sounds is sure to feature in many DnB productions.
A sublime collection of Kontakt presets worthy of any Drum & Bass producers productions.
The sample pack costs $9 USD.
More information: ADSR Sounds / Hyper
Noisebud has released version 2.5 of CatchDad, a free VST instrument plug-in for live performances.
With CatchDad you can catch 4 different sounds with just the click of a button and instantly start to program rhythms with the built in step sequencers. The plugin is capable of building advanced rhythmic patterns with the different sequencer speed settings.
It’s basic functionality is pretty straightforward, you’ll be droppin’ beats within 20 minutes. Just send any sound, live or prerecorded through the plugin, press Record and you’re on your way!
Changes in CatchDad v2.5
- Adjustable sequencer length (you can now create true isorhythmic patterns).
- Added a ‘Free’ tempo mode.
- Pitch return to default pitch when you double click the Pitch knob.
- You can now adjust the length of the autorec function.
- Added a ‘remove old versions’ function in the installer.
CatchDad for Windows (VST) is available to download as freeware.
More information: Noisebud / CatchDad
mikrosonic has launched version 2.0 of RD4 – Groovebox, a music creation app for Android devices that combines two virtual analog synthesizers, a beat section with drum kits from classic drum machines and free assignable audio effects.
The new version comes with a new synth called Analog modeled after legendary monophonic synths of the ’70s. The new synth has a piano roll and the user can also record notes in real-time with the virtual keyboard. The app supports low audio latency on specific Android devices.
The app has now a 4 channel mixer and the user can choose individually for each channel between the Analog, the Bassline and the drum machine.
Changes in RD4 Groovebox v2.0
- Completely overhauled version.
- App is now called RD4.
- New graphical interface.
- New virtual analog synthesizer with piano roll.
- 4-channel rack mixer.
- Instrument selection for each channel.
- Support for Full HD displays (Sony Xperia Z, HTC One, HTC Butterfly, Samsung Galaxy S4).
- Live recording with a virtual keyboard (Analog synthesizer).
- Piano roll editor with Transpose Pattern, Shift Sequence and Quantize.
- New pattern and bank structure, 2 banks with up to 8 bars.
- New playmodes.
The RD4 Groovebox app for Android is available to purchase for $5.99 USD. A free demo version with some limitations is available to download at Google Play.
More information: mikrosonic / RD4 – Groovebox
Ueberschall has launched Acoustic Guitar, a new Elastik Soundbank library featuring a loop collection for songwriters and music producers.
This Elastik sound bank is part of Ueberschalls Instrument Series and dedicated to the acoustic guitar. The library contains 464 painstakingly produced acoustic guitar loops.
Each phrase has been performed three times using different acoustic guitars with instruments made by Martin, Yamaha and Ibanez. Each of the 464 loops has been recorded carefully using selected, high quality equipment. To add flexibility, all loops are available in unaltered versions without equalization and compression.
For immediate use, the sound bank not only contains dry versions of any loop but also mastered versions. In this mixdown, guitar 1 has been panned left, guitar 2 fully to the right and guitar 3 to the middle. The individual loops were not repeated identically. Therefore, they can be used to complement each other rhythmically and dynamically, resulting in an extreme wide but 100% mono-compatible sound.
Each loop was produced, to be possibly integrated into different song structures. Thereby the loops mainly focus on unobtrusive and accompanying phrases as opposed to virtuous licks. The individual phrases can easily be matched to your productions using Elastik Player, regardless of working on music productions, web applications, video- or game sound.
The soundbank costs 49 EUR.
More information: Ueberschall / Acoustic Guitar