2CAudio releases Aether
2CAudio (a sister company of Galbanum) has released Aether, a self-modulating algorithmic reverb for Windows and Mac.
Unlike convolution reverbs, Aether is not a static process, and no two instances of Aether are ever exactly the same. The same is true in real world acoustical spaces as well: a building’s acoustical character may vary slightly depending on several factors such as its current occupancy, and even more subtle things such as the current temperature and humidity. Thus, acoustic space itself is alive in the real world and is constantly shifting, morphing, and evolving to produce a complex array of potential impulse responses. A sampled impulse response of a real acoustic space, can be quite accurate for that particular moment, but it tells only part of the story. It is like a picture of a lake, versus the lake itself. A lake in the real world is unlikely to spontaneously develop waves the size of those found in the ocean, but it is never quite as still as a picture either. Aether’s approach does not simply sample one static picture in time, but rather captures the complete subtly of the dynamic chaotic processes found in life and it retains all the detail and organic feel of these processes. Aether is alive!
- Extreme precision floating-point engine which rivals the best hardware reverb units available.
- Impeccable specifications in Space, Time, and Frequency response.
- Unique pervasive Auto-Randomizing scheme throughout the entire algorithm which keeps mixes sounding alive.
- Non-Exponential Decay curves for incredibly lush sound.
- Discrete Early Reflection and Late Reflection Engines.
- 33 Space Type Models.
- Over 250 professionally designed factory presets ranging from sublime acoustic emulations to extreme sound-design ambiences.
- Reverb Decay Time range from 0.10sec to 120sec plus an Infinite Decay Mode.
- Frequency Dependant Decay Time Scaling.
- True Stereo and Hybrid Stereo modes.
- Coded in assembly and optimized with SSE for extreme efficiency.
- Only 4 sample latency! Suitable for use in tracking and performance.
- Supported Sample Rates of up to 192K.
- Intuitive futuristic GUI designed for maximum control and ease of use.
Aether is available as an effect plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) and has an introductory price of $249.95 USD through April 01, 2009 (regular price is $349.95 USD). A demo version is available for download from the product page.
Visit 2CAudio for more information and audio demos.
NuGen Audio updates Visualizer to v1.7