Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
2Rule releases 2RuleFilter beta
2Rule has released a beta of 2RuleFilter, a freeware VST effect plugin for Windows.
2RuleFilter is a self-resonant moog type filter that allows the filter cut-off frequency to be controlled manually, or by LFO, or by an envelope follower. It has a interesting feature called scrambler that plays filtered signal randomly depending on the selected beat.
- High Pass, Low Pass, Band Pass filter
- Modulation of filter cut-off frequency by LFO (tempo-sync), manually or envelope follower (reversible)
- Bit crusher (16bit to 1 bit)
- Scrambler that divides one measure to different time interval and plays beats randomly
- Mix balance in between dry(input signal) and wet(filtered and bit crushed)
- Sensitivity that allows the filter cut-off frequency be changed from roughly to smoothly. This effect is the same of parameter smoothing