Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
7Aliens releases Catanya
7Aliens has released Catanya, a polyphonic pattern based MIDI arpeggiator.
Catanya is a tool that allows you to play a sequence based on your chord. Catanya is not a standard arpeggiator which has preset modes like UP, DOWN, ALTERNATE, etc.
Catanya was developed on a higher level, it’s based upon patterns. You can create your own pattern or simply choose one of the hundreds of preset patterns. When you have chosen a pattern you play a chord or chord progression, set the output to your favorite synthesizer or sampler and you will get finished track.
- Next generation pattern arpeggiator.
- Easy to use.
- Multiple instances.
- 9×32 note matrix.
- 1,100 presets (music phrazes).
- Supports recording final output into DAW for additional editations.
- Powerful presets browser with ability to choose genre, style, rhythm, instrument, tempo.
- Usable with any VSTi plugin or external HW synthesizer (via DAW’s midi out).
- Unique AI Random functions for making unique velocity Groove.
- Realtime velocity spread.
- Supports Cubase, Ableton Live, Reaper, FL Studio, Mackie Tracktion, NI Kore 2, EnergyXT.
Catanya is available as a VST instrument for Windows PC for 45 EUR. A demo version is available for download
More information: 7Aliens