8Dio has announced the release of Adagio Violins Vol. 1.1, a sample library for Kontakt, containing over 33,300 polished samples and reprogramming of all articulations.
Produced by Academy Award, TEC and G.A.N.G Award Winning Composer, Troels Folmann and Emmy nominated composer and orchestrator, Colin O’Malley, 8Dio Adagio String Series marks the most expressive collection of deep-sampled emotional strings ever created. Adagio contains a variety of advanced techniques that were specifically developed for the library. The techniques allow you to create completely realistic string sequences with true emotion and passion. You don’t need to be a master orchestrator to sound great.
Changes in Adagio Violins v1.1
- All legatos have been polished, refining the level of the intervals and their associated grafted dynamic bows/post sustains.
- An entirely new “CLOSE” mic mix has been created for the legato patches. Previously the CLOSE mix for legatos was not drastically different from the MIX. The new CLOSE mix provides great clarity and focus in the interval transitions. Essentially you have the detail of a stage recording coupled with the lush sound of a church environment. It’s the best of both worlds in our view.
- A “Violins 2” button has been incorporated into all Adagio patches. This button simulates the slightly darker tone of a violins 2 section.
- Lite patches (patches using direct from disk streaming) are available across the library. In most cases these lite patches are nearly identical to the full versions, but have much smaller memory footprints. As an example, Adagio Instinct Legato full version = 500mb. The Light version = 22mb. Adagio is NOT a resource hungry library.
- Vibrato “character” control is now incorporated into many of the legato patches, with all new sustain recordings. The control goes beyond simply adding more vibrato. You can actually alter the character, allowing for more solo-istic detail to shine through when appropriate.
- Adagio now includes MULTI LEGATO patches. These patches allow you to switch fluidly between up to 3 legato types within a single connected phrase. You can switch legato types based on velocity or MIDI CC.
- Short notes have been reprogrammed and mixed to capture more ambience of the natural church environment. They are MUCH lusher in tone. They have also been balanced allowing for smoother articulation switching.
- There are now host tempo synced patches available for all loures and phrase patches. There are versions for both Kontakt 4 and Kontakt 5 users.
- 40 Bonus Ambiences have been crafted from our lush Adagio source material.
- Output mapping has been expanded, allowing routing of different mic positions to different outputs. This is an essential addition for surround mixing.
- Every patch in the library has been smoothed, polished, buffed and spanked.
Adagio Violins is available to purchase for $499 USD. The update is free for all current owners.
8Dio has also announced the Back To School Bundle, a limited time bundle comprising 1928 Legacy Piano, Hybrid Tools Vol. 1, Song Writing Guitar, and Studio Solo Violin.
8DIO Bundle #8 is a bundle specifically designed for students. You will get one the most extensively sampled pianos, the newest modern musical sound designs, song writing guitars and deep-phrase sampled studio solo violin at 40% off!
The normal price for this collection of deep sampled voice collection is $746, however this bundle has a special price of: $449
The Back To School Bundle is available until September 7th, 2012.
More information: 8Dio Productions