9 Soundware releases Heartbeat K
9 Soundware has announced the release Heartbeat K, a collection of instruments for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The idea behind the collection is the transformation of recordings of the human heart and other internal organs with the advanced signal processing capabilities of Kontakt. While its origins are in the previously released Heartbeat for the EXS24 format, this sound set is based on an entirely new concept, and the instruments have been designed from the ground up solely for this product.
Heartbeat K features
- 51 instruments based on 224 samples, captured using an electronic stethoscope, which is more sensitive and capable of capturing quieter sounds compared to acoustic stethoscopes.
- Instruments are divided into four categories:
- The “A” category consists of instruments based on heartbeat samples. Many of them use release triggers, allowing playback control over the second half of pulses. This feature can be turned off via MIDI cc#1.
- The “B” category is comprised of 3 instruments which simulate snare drums.
- The “C” instruments emphasize the organic quality of the source recordings.
- The instruments of the “D” category produce timbres with a strong synthetic character. They make heavy use of processes such as playback and effects modulation, Tracking (for tonal instruments), and sound shaping using Tone Machine and Time Machine.
- 24 MB download includes 51 .nki files and 224 WAV files (24-bit/44.1 kHz).
Heartbeat K is available to purchase for $49.99 USD.