Saltline has announced the release of Korzenie kick, the first in a new series of plug-ins aimed at recreating classic drum machine sounds.
Korzenie kick is aimed at creating classic electronic kick drum sounds. It can also be used to create other sounds including subs and basses as well as effects.
Kick features 3 layers, body, mid and FM/noise. Each layer has it’s own pitch and volume envelopes with several curve options giving a great degree of flexibility and control over the sounds attack and decay.
A decent sized preset bank is included with kick containing patches from System D.F.L and Hinton & Fairchild.
Korzenie kick is available to download for Windows (VST). Donations are appreciated.
More information: Saltline / Korzenie kick
iZotope has released Ozone 6, the latest version of the creative mastering suite for Windows and Mac.
Elevate a good-sounding mix to a professional-sounding master with Ozone. iZotope’s critically acclaimed mastering software has all the tools you need to produce a full and polished sound.
With a striking new interface and a modern workflow, Ozone 6 both guides and inspires your creativity at every step.
The Advanced version of Ozone 6 includes a powerful new Dynamic EQ that lives and breathes with your music, as well as eight component plug-ins and a suite of configurable meters.
Changes in Ozone 6
- New Analog Hardware-modeled EQ filter shapes — Harness the sonic characteristics of classic EQ designs with new filter shapes including Baxandall Bass and Treble filters and API-style Proportional Q filters. Also new to Ozone 6 are Band Shelf filters and Resonant High and Low shelves.
- Surgical Mode — All digital linear-phase filters are now matched to analog shapes; however, Surgical Mode allows you to utilize the precision of digital shapes for extreme cuts with minimum slope.
- Variable EQ Phase Control — Digital linear-phase filters now feature per-node variable phase control for subtly adding phase delay to smooth out boosts that may sound harsh.
- Seamless Bypass — Audition changes to your audio by gain-matching bypassed audio to your Ozone-processed signal for faster and more accurate A/B testing.
- Customizable Signal Chain — Host your third-party VST/AU plug-ins in the standalone application. Then build your mastering signal chain from scratch or load a preset and add, remove, and swap the order of modules.
- Module Gain Meters — Monitor gain-staging across processing modules with Module Gain Meters that instantly illustrate where you’re boosting and cutting gain across your signal chain.
- Transient Emphasis — Preserve rhythmic detail while maximizing loudness with Transient Emphasis, which adds smart emphasis to transients by preserving sharp attacks.
- Diode and Dual Triode Exciter Modes — Modeled after actual hardware circuitry, these Exciter modes offer vintage saturation from subtle warmth to more pronounced edge.
- Stereoize Control — Add width to narrow or mono recordings without introducing phase artifacts.
- Variable Knee Compression — Get precise control over compression characteristics by choosing between hard and soft compression.
- Dynamics Detection Enhancements — Simulate smoother analog-style compression with both High-Pass and API Thrust-inspired Tilt filters. Use the True Envelope detection mode for RMS-style compression (flat frequency response and low distortion) triggered equally across the frequency spectrum.
- New Presets — All newly designed presets utilize the improvements introduced in Ozone 6 including new Component Plug-in Presets with Ozone Advanced.
- Standalone Application — Now available as both a plug-in and as a standalone application, Ozone 6 adds a number of forward-thinking features that simplify traditional mastering workflows, including:
- Automatic color-coded waveform segmentation.
- Tops/tails trims and fades with multiple shape types.
- Third-party plug-in hosting (VST/AU Support).
- Single/all-track export with iZotope SRC (sample rate conversion).
- Auto-adjusted MBIT+ Dither at output.
- Fully contained project folders.
Changes in Ozone 6 Advanced
- Dynamic EQ Module — Ozone Advanced adds the new Dynamic EQ module, an EQ that lives and breathes with your music. Harness the precision of an equalizer with the musical ballistics of a compressor. Integrated with an intuitive workflow, these processors work in concert to create a valuable mastering tool that excels where traditional EQs and compressors fail.
- Dynamic EQ Component Plug-in — Ozone 6 Advanced also includes a component Dynamic EQ plug-in for use throughout your audio editing software signal chain.
Ozone 6 is available for purchase for the introductory price of $199 USD through November 13th, 2014 (regular $249 USD). Ozone 6 Advanced is $599 USD (regular $999 USD).
More information: iZotope / Ozone 6
P5audio has announced the release of Trapstep Drops, a new collection of construction loop sets for producers, artists and songwriters.
Featuring 5 construction song sets, arranged into 10 loop sets with 5 epic intro builds and 5 bangin’ club beats, these royalty free muli-track loops are here to inspire your next Trapstep hit.
With 81 individual loops total, all of the essential Trapstep hit making ingredients a producer or songwriter needs is featured in these sets, including epic risers, downshifters, deep hitting impact fx, vox fx, cutting synth leads, floor shaking wobbles, pads, fx and more.
Trapstep Drops features
- 5 multi-track construction song sets including 5 epic intro builds and 5 banging club beat ideas.
- 10 construction loop sets.
- 81 individual loops.
- All parts are separated.
- Individual loops include epic risers, downshifters, deep hitting impact fx, vox fx, cutting synth leads, floor shaking wobbles, pads, fx and more.
- All tempos and key signatures are provided.
- All loops are royalty free and can be used in commercial production.
- Perfect for music producers, beat makers, song writers and recording artists.
- Loops provided in 16 bit 44.1 kHz Acidized WAV and Apple Loop formats.
The sample pack is available for purchase for $29.99 USD.
More information: P5Audio / Trapstep Drops
Ghostwave Audio has released version 1.5 of MixRight, a track comparison utility for Native Instruments Reaktor 5.
MixRight is a Native Instruments Reaktor 5 ensemble designed as the easiest way to compare your current mix with the reference track of your choice. (.wav and .aiff formats only)
In only one click, you can alternate between the two to compare levels, phase correlation and frequency distribution and therefore find out the necessary adjustments for your current mix.
Changes in MixRight v1.5
- Updated GUI with more contrast for better legibility.
- Spectrum analyzer extended to 20 kHz (instead of 14 kHz).
- Manual revised.
- Spectrum analyzer zoom default setting which prevented the quietest frequencies from being displayed.
- Scale on the spectrum analyzer and correlation meter.
- Scale on the update rate knob.
MixRight is available for purchase for $9.95 USD until November 9th, 2014 (regular $12.95 USD).
More information: Ghostwave Audio / MixRight
AudioWarp has launched BOCS Volume 1, a sample pack for Native Instruments Kontakt, consisting of ten pads inspired by the electronic duo Boards of Canada.
It’s refreshingly different compared to previous efforts from various sample packs and vst synths. The reason why? These sounds have been created via the methods used by the group themselves. Vintage analog synths, 4-tracks, valve amps even VHS recorders were used to create a sample bank more authentic than anything we’ve heard before.
These sounds have a dirty, dusty, and dream like quality just like that elusive Boards of Canada sound. Weighing in at just under 1 gig you can be guaranteed a truly professional sound to use for your next stunning track.
BOCS Volume 1 is available from Sampleism for £4.99 GBP. Requires Kontakt 5 full version.
More information: AudioWarp
Cinesamples has announced the release of Tina Guo Acoustic Cello Legato, an instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt, now featuring all-new seamless legato. First introduced as an addition to our Artist Series: Tina Guo sound … read more
Plugin Boutique has launched a group buy for Liquid Notes for Live, a songwriting assistant tool by Re-Compose for editing complex harmonic progressions. It offers a controllable range of alternatives for chords and harmonies in … read more
Audiomodern has announced the release of a pack of free samples taken from its commercial titles. A collection of free samples from our Libraries Specifications: • WAV Files • 48 kHz/24-Bit • PC/Mac Compatible • … read more
VST Buzz has announced a limited time sale on the Soloist Bundle by Aria Sounds, offering the orchestral instruments bundle for Native Instruments Kontakt at a 70% discount. The “Solo Instrument Bundle” by Aria is … read more
Alonso Sound has announced the release of the Thomas Gold Spire Soundset, a collection of presets for the Spire synthesizer instrument by Reveal Sound. Produced by world reknown Thomas Gold, this 128 patch Spire soundset … read more
Singomakers has launched Sylenth EDM Superstars, a collection of patches for the Sylenth1 synthesizer instrument by Lennar Digital. This collection includes patches designed closely to the sound of Hardwell, Oliver Heldens, Ummet Ozcan, Knife Party, … read more
Nord has released Mellow Upright, a new soundset for Nord’s Electro, Stage & Piano instruments. This Upright was fitted with extra soft felt hammers to accommodate a more mellow, dampened tone. With its gentle dynamic … read more
Tek’it Audio has announced the release of Uinku, a fold-back distortion effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. Uinku creates subtle harmonic changes to extreme distortion helped by the “Drive” control to add saturation and the … read more
MOTU has announced it is now shipping the 24Ai and 24Ao, two new audio interfaces that offer 24 channels of high-quality analog audio input or output in a single rack space, combined with three banks … read more
Bedroom Producers Blog has announced the release of ESQ-1 Re-Boot, a free sample pack featuring samples from the Ensoniq ESQ-1. Neil Paddock of How To Program Drums has released ESQ-1 Re-Boot, a free collection of … read more
Dread Recordings has teamed up with Loopmasters for a series of drum and bass packs by artists signed on the label of DJ and producer Ray Keith. For the first volume in the series, Titan … read more
Boz Digital Labs has launched Imperial Delay, a delay effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. Imperial Delay was designed from the beginning with two goals: Be the most powerful delay, and be easy to use. … read more
SubBass Academy of Electronic Music is offering rekkerd.org readers a 20% discount on any course in November. SubBass Academy of Electronic Music is a DJ and music production college with brand new studios located in … read more
Loopmasters has launched its Halloween Sale, offering a 30% discount on sample packs and sound libraries, including products by selected partner labels. Our Loopmasters Halloween Sales have begun! Save big on a huge selection of … read more
The Loop Loft has announced it is offering a free copy of Dry Drums Vol 1 with any purchase at its online shop. This week only, Loop Loft customers will receive a free copy of … read more