Abletunes has announced the release of Selektor, a drum sampler instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The idea of Selektor is simple – quickly and easily switch between one-shot samples while your track is playing to instantly hear how it fits in your track.
- Make beats in minutes, not hours. With Selektor you can easily switch one-shot samples on a fly while track is playing so you’ll always hear how this new element sounds when combined with the other elements of your track making it much faster to find the one that works.
- Wider selection. With Selektor’s tabs you can save and compare up to 4 different samples at the same time and switch between tabs on the fly to find the perfect one.
- More Customization. Tweak volume, transposing and envelopes of each sample to perfection.
- Get rid of routing. The concept of Selektor is taken from traditional studio recording style – one instrument – one track. If you have kick track you have it as a separate track and process it as a separate track without wasting time on routing.
- Save CPU processing power. Selektor is easy on your CPU. This plug-in works quickly and doesn’t eat up your pc memory. We created this plugin with resource savings in mind so you can easily use one Selektor instance for your kick, one for snare, and one for every other element of your beats.
- Creativity boost. Don’t let your gear get in the way of your creativity. Selektor lets you explore more of your creative ideas while you work on your track.
Selektor (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $35 USD.
More information: Abletunes / Selektor
Plugin Alliance has released version 1.5 of Drumatom, the drum microphone leakage suppression tool for Windows and Mac.
Drumatom is not a plugin! It is a stand-alone MAC & PC program and is the world´s first microphone leakage suppression tool for multichannel drum recordings! It is based on the patent pending Advanced Audio Analysis – A3 technology by ACCUSONUS from Greece.
With this novel software tool every sound engineer can now use compressors, EQs and creative effects in new ways with no limitations. In the hands of sound engineers, drumatom will make genuine drum recordings shine in the mix!
Changes in Drumatom v1.5
- Additional Hi-Hat analyzing & processing made possible.
- A/B switching.
- Custom naming abbreviations.
- and more…
Drumatom for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $399 USD.
More information: Plugin Alliance / Drumatom
Antares has announced the release of Auto-Tune EFX 3, a real-time pitch correction and auto-tune vocal effect for Windows and Mac.
Designed to make almost everything automatic, Auto-Tune EFX 3 is the most affordable vocal production tool that provides Antares’ world-renowned real-time pitch correction. Users just set the key and scale of their track, adjust the Retune Speed for their desired effect, and Auto-Tune EFX 3 does the rest. For songs with complex chord progressions or modulations, they can optionally set up custom scales or use their host’s automation facility to allow the processing of virtually any vocal line.
New in Auto-Tune EFX 3 is a fully adjustable Retune Speed control that lets users fine tune the desired effect for their track, from subtle natural pitch correction to the full-blown Auto-Tune Vocal Effect.
Also new is Antares unique Humanize function that ensures that short notes are effectively corrected while sustained notes are allowed to preserve their subtle pitch variations for the most natural, realistic pitch correction possible.
Auto-Tune EFX 3′s Auto-Motion Vocal Pattern Generation is a unique effect that adds intricate musical patterns to a vocal performance. Patterns are selected from a built-in (and expandable) library in a variety of styles and can be synced to the host’s tempo at various beat divisions. At any point in a vocal track, a user can simply click the Auto-Motion Trigger button to send their vocal on a melodic adventure. And since Auto-Tune EFX 3′s patterns are stored in standard MusicXML format, users can use any application that can open and edit MusicXML files to edit existing patterns and create entirely new patterns of their own.
Auto-Tune EFX 3 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for $129 USD. Upgrades from previous Auto-Tune EFX versions are also available.
More information: Antares / Auto-Tune EFX 3
Elektron has announced it has started shipping its latest creation, the Analog Rytm analog drum machine.
This 8 voice analog drum machine with sample support can be purchased either directly from Elektron or from a wide net of retailers.
Analog Rytm features
- 8 drum voices, each with: Specialized analog percussion sound generator. Sample playback. Analog multimode filter. Analog overdrive.
- 12 velocity & pressure sensitive pads.
- Analog master compressor & distortion.
- Reverb & Delay send FX.
- World class Elektron step sequencer.
- Chromatic, Performance, and Scene modes.
- Performance oriented beat control.
- Individual voice outputs.
The Analog Rytm list price is $1549 USD / 1489 EUR / £1249 GBP.
More information: Elektron / Analog Rytm
SampleTekk has announced the release of The Vertikal MkII, a virtual upright piano instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Vertikal is a upright piano recorded and designed to do the job when you need that little extra “umpf” in your songs. It can be rock, blues, jazz, gospel or anything that needs the extra attitude. Shortly, when you need something not that “grand”.
In the MkII you’ll get two microphone perspectives that you can use one by one, of mix to taste!
We also added hammerback and pedalnoise samples.
Then we added our True Resonance feature and used Kontakts scripting facilities to make Real Time/True Pedaling, Sympathetic Resonance and some other nifty features.
The Vertikal MkII features
- 16 velocity levels.
- Over 3,900 samples (24-bit/44.1kHz stereo).
- TimeVel Release Technology.
- Sympathetic Resonance.
- Controllable volume for key/pedal noise, Sympathetic Resonance and True Resonance.
- Two microphone perspectives.
The library is available for the introductory price of $49 USD (MSRP $99 USD). Requires Kontakt 4 or higher, full version.
More information: SampleTekk / The Vertikal MkII
Loops de la Crème has launched Kick Pack Deluxe, a kick drum sample library.
With 1730 samples and 166 NI Kontakt instruments, KICK PACK DELUXE features a complete palette of kick drum samples and all the tools needed to carve the ultimate kick sounds.
Kick Pack Deluxe features
- Maximum choice
- 70 multi-sampled raw acoustic bass drums
- 17 original collections of kick samples (electro, vynil, stacked, vintage, 808, reamped, subs…)
- Maximum usefulness
- Over 300 mastered kicks for all music styles
- 20 practical Kontakt sets for quick access to all categories of kicks
- Maximum bass
- 45 tuned kicks chromatically playable over two octaves
- Deep custom cinematic impacts
- Maximum playability
- Over 130 dynamic, combinable instruments
- Deep multi-sampling for natural, realistic response (up to 32 velocity layers)
- Maximum flexibility
- All the tools needed to easily create your ultimate kicks
- 64 click samples to carve sharp and cutting attacks
- 147 percussions and ‘found sounds’ samples for original, organic layers (cajons, large drums, doors, floors, cinematic toms…)
The pack is available for the introductory price of 16 EUR until May 20th, 2014 (regular 32 EUR).
More information: Loops de la Crème / Kick Pack Deluxe
Audio Damage has announced the release of its Æverb Eurorack reverb module.
Audio Damage Æverb is a digital reverb running a feedback delay network algorithm (commonly called “FDN”). The algorithm consists of eight short delays running through eight low-pass filters, with the feedback paths summed in to a single source that provides both the output to the mix and the input to the delays themselves.
This type of reverb algorithm is generally considered “vintage” sounding, and is useful in electronic music for its thick, non-realistic behavior.
The Æverb module is available from Audio Damage’s preferred retail partners, priced at $189 USD / 179 EUR.
More information: Audio Damage / Æverb
ADSR Sounds has launched EDM Drops, a soundset by Echo Sound Works for the Massive synthesizer instruments by Native Instruments.
EDM Drops V.1 is a must have sound set for NI Massive users and EDM producers. It comes loaded with 150 drop-worthy presets that will seamlessly fit into the most important part of any EDM track – the drop.
Every sound is bold and full of character. We set out to make new and fresh sounds that producers can use and feel inspired by. We’ve all heard enough Animals remakes…
At literally more than double the size of most soundsets, EDM Drops V.1 will work perfectly with Progressive House, Electro, Complextro, Dubstep, Main Room, Big Room and even Dubstep.
Every preset has all 8 macros activated so whether you’re a long time Massive user or just starting out, you will be able to quickly and easily change the sounds.
The soundset is available from ADSR for $24 USD.
More information: ADSR Sounds / EDM Drops