Noisefirm has released DigiTape Hybrid Drums, a library of drum sounds for Kontakt that combines the best advantages of digital and analog audio technology.
All of the library’s sounds were sculpted from digital oscillators and noise generators, and then processed and transformed with DSP. The samples were then printed through an analog tape recorder at variable levels of saturation to achieve an optimum level of harmonic distortion.
The end result is an unique library of kicks, snares, percussion and other textures that combine the creative flexibility of digital synthesis and DSP with the warmth of analog tape.
DigiTape Hybrid Drums features
- Over 300 samples of hybrid digital/analog drums, effects, and textures in 24-bit 48kHz Wavs.
- Kontakt instrument (full retail version 4.2 or later) with custom scripting and GUI.
- Uncompressed disk space needed: 150 MB.
- 11 Included Kontakt patches for convenient ready-to-use drum layouts.
- Custom interface includes:
- Low Pass Filter with resonance and cutoff controls.
- Variable BitCrusher with bitrate and sample rate controls.
- Reverb with room size and level controls.
- Sculpted with digital noise generators and oscillators.
- Samples printed through 1/4″ Studer analog tape recorder at various levels of saturation.
- Plug-n-Play samples are ready to drop into your sampler/drum machine of choice.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $19 USD.
More information: Noisefirm / DigiTape Hybrid Drums
Applied Acoustics Systems has launched its 2013 Holiday Sale, and updates for selected plug-ins have been released to support the native AAX format.
Applied Acoustics Systems has released updates for Lounge Lizard EP-4 (4.0.3), Ultra Analog VA-2 (2.0.2), Chromaphone (1.0.6), and AAS Player (1.1.5) with several additions and fixes as well as AAX Native plug-in support for Pro Tools 10 and 11.
Also noteworthy, all Professional Series instruments and Sound Banks Series titles are at 50% off until January 15, 2014.
More information: Applied Acoustics Systems
Sample Magic has announced the release of Synth Shots, the ultimate synth one-shot collection, serving up over 1,000 key-labeled shots, chords, bass hits, pads, keys and FX expertly crafted for almost any genre of electronic music.
Created using a raft of classic hardware – including the Moog Voyager, Roland TB303 and Yamaha DX7 – plus selected cutting-edge digital synths, Synth Shots offers up the gamut of synth inspiration in one value-packed collection.
Synth Shots also contains ready-to-play hit type patches for all major DAWs and samplers, including Kontakt, NN-XT, EXS24 and Ableton Sampler.
All samples are presented in industry-standard 24-bit Wav quality for use in all Wav compatible samplers and DAWs.
The sample pack costs £24.90 GPB. Individual Click+Mix packs are also available.
More information: Sample Magic / Synth Shots
Producer Loops has announced Swedish Pop Vol 5, a sample library by Simon Rudd.
‘Swedish Pop Vol 5′ is the fifth in the stunning series bringing you a huge collection of powerful Pop, Dance and Swedish-House infused Construction Kits, created and produced exclusively for Producer Loops by Simon Rudd of “The Fliptones”. This fresh new product combines razor-sharp modern production with catchy progressions and radio-ready melodic hooks, perfect for your next production.
Inside you’ll find five pumping kits, all expertly mixed and mastered to the highest standard. Buzzing highs, rumbling lows and powerful rises and drops are all set against a steady pulse of percussion and side-chained elements. Ranging from commercial and radio-ready to dark and edgy, you’re sure to find inspiration in this pack.
The sample library costs £24.95 GBP.
More information: Producer Loops / Swedish Pop Vol 5
iZotope has released version 5.05b of Ozone and Ozone Advanced, the mastering tools for Windows and Mac.
iZotope’s complete mastering system in a single integrated plug-in includes eight essential mastering tools: Maximizer, Equalizer, Multiband Dynamics, Multiband Stereo Imaging, Post Equalizer, Multiband Harmonic Exciter, Reverb, and Dithering.
Ozone 5 Advanced adds seven additional component plug-ins, extended features in every module, and a comprehensive suite of configurable meters.
Changes in Ozone v5.05b
- Fixed intermittent crash in Pro Tools 11 on Windows 64-bit systems.
- Fixed crash on Windows related to Fonts.
- Fixed unresponsive Authorization Wizard when opening Pro Tools 11 sessions that include a demo of Ozone or Insight.
- Fixed a 64 bit AAX bug where some list items wouldn’t stay selected. For example, if trying to select IRC II in the Maximizer, the selection would skip back to IRC I.
Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced are available to purchase for $249 and $999 USD respectively.
More information: iZotope / Ozone
Patchbanks has launched its Low End Theory Vol.2 sample pack.
Patchbanks presents another series of all-new original Low End Theory sounds for beatmakers and producers in search of more sample material.
This collection contains 25 original royalty-free compositions with a mellow-deep sound theme; including instrument recordings of vintage pianos, organs, rhodes, strings, vintage synths, live bass and guitars, plus many more sounds that are fully mixed and ready for sampling.
If you enjoyed volume one, you¹ll dig this one just as much.
Low End Theory Vol.2 features
- Compositions: 25 Samples (Mixed Stereo).
- File Type: Wav.
- Music Styles: Hip Hop, Classic, Soul.
The sample pack costs $19.95 USD.
More information: Patchbanks / Low End Theory Vol.2
WOK has announced its Christmas gift, offering two free plug-ins for those who are willing to send a postcard or donate to a charity.
Since several years WOK is giving a Christmas gift to all friends, which could be picked up after sending a mail.
Because this year’s Christmas present is something special, with two plugins available nowhere else (one synth and one effect, Win32), like every child in front of the Christmas tree you need to do something special to prove you have been good.
More information: WOK / Christmas Gift 2013
Impact Soundworks has announced the launch of its 2013 Winter Sale, offering a 30% discount on all its instruments and bundles.
Through December 18th, our entire catalog is discounted 30% using the coupon code “ISWHOLIDAY2013″. This is available worldwide and valid for ALL instruments and bundles.
Additionally, we’ve created a new collection called “Impact: Everything”, a bundle that includes every one of our Kontakt libraries to date.
The Impact: Everything bundle includes:
- Acoustic Revolutions Volume 1.
- Curio: Cinematic Toy Piano.
- Forest Frame Drums.
- Groove Bias: Vintage Drum Sounds.
- Impact Steel: Cinematic Metallic Percussion.
- Juggernaut: Cinematic Electronic Scoring Tools.
- Koto Nation: Classical Instruments of Japan.
- Plectra Series 1: 8-string Acoustic Bouzouki.
- Plectra Series 2: Highland Harps.
- Plectra Series 3: Kazakh Dombra.
- Resonance: Emotional Mallets.
- Shreddage 1 Complete Edition.
- Shreddage 2: Absolute Electric Guitar.
- Shreddage Bass: Picked Edition.
- Sitar Nation: Classical Instruments of India.
The bundle is available to purchase for $399 USD (60% off combined list price).
More information: Impact Soundworks