Intermorphic has released version 2.5.22 of the Noatikl generative music lab for Windows, Mac & iOS.
Love generative music? Explore & design your own fascinating soundscapes with Noatikl, the evolution of SSEYO Koan – now with SoundFont (SF2) support!* Noatikl’s got the power, features and breadth of control that you need.
Changes in Noatikl v2.5.22
- Noatikl Desktop and Desktop Audio Plugins:
- New: Added Soundfont SF2 support (mono only – stereo channel data is ignored for now), accessed/selected via Wavetable Sound Unit.
- New: Includes 6 all new high quality SF2 files (Drums Acoustic, Piano Upright, Piano Electric, Guitar 12-String, Synths, E-Perc).
- Added: “Send all CC events” checkbox in Preferences; uncheck to send only Bank Select, Micro Controllers and User Envelopes.
- Added: Crash reporting, so we can be much more responsive for finding and fixing any crashes.
- Fixed: Missing tempo envelope support.
- Fixed: Crash on start if you had a mono audio input device selected as default in Audio MIDI Setup on Mac…
- Fixed: Behaviour of “Auto Restart?” parameter.
- Fixed: Listening voice behaviour.
- Improved: Much easier to use wavetables in Noatikl via the Wavetable unit (the DLS and Samples dialogs are now deprecated).
- Improved: Files are now saved and opened by default from Music/Intermorphic/… so they are much more easily shared with Mixtikl, and with Noatikl and Mixtikl for iOS.
- Improved: Tempo changing; now much smoother.
- Improved: “Getting started” information is now shown when you have no documents open.
- Improved: Renamed “Use Patch?” voice parameter to “Send MIDI Bank/Patch?”.
- Improved: Most pop-up panels (e.g. MIDI cooker) can now be resized.
- Removed: Timer Accuracy (ms) from Noatikl preferences (deprecated).
- Noatikl iOS:
- Fixed Tempo envelope operation.
- Improved tempo changing; now much smoother.
- Bug fixes.
Noatikl desktop and audio plugins are available for purchase for $49.99 USD each. The iOS version is free to download from the iTunes App Store ($9.99 USD in-app purchase required to unlock some features).
More information: Intermorphic / Noatikl
Loopmasters has released The Big Dreamer, a new Raw Cutz series sample pack by iLL Spark.
The Big Dreamer from iLL Spark is a punchy, warm and crafty collection of full, sweet samples – which includes tons of sax and flute, dreamy fx, swooshes, hits, drops and atmospheric chords and tones.
Soulful, dreamy hip hop producers will dig the vibes on display in this pack every time.
If you are producing downtempo, cinematic, ambient Hip Hop or RnB, this is a great pack of one shot samples which burst with flavor and vibe.
The pack is available for purchase for £9.95 GBP.
More information: Raw Cutz / The Big Dreamer
Sample Magic has announced a Summer Sale, offering a 20% discount on its products for a limited time.
With summer in full swing we’ve decided to take the heat off your wallet, taking 20% off all samples, MIDI, synth patches and Ableton racks until August 1st.
Simply use code SUMMERTIME at checkout to save.
More information: Sample Magic
8DIO has announced the launch of its new 8DM company, releasing 18 new EDM libraries for Maschine, Kontakt and Wav Packs.
8DM is the leading curator of EDM samples – matching the most current top-charts.
8DM is created by the Academy, T.E.C & GANG Award Winning designers of 8Dio – in collaboration with some of the leading top DJs around the world. This is about giving you a chart-worthy experience right out of the box.
More information: 8DM
New Atlantis Audio has launched Bug, a sample library featuring 30 royalty-free stereo wavs ranging from short sfx to long playing seamlessly looping soundscapes.
Crispy, crunchy and little bit creepy — Bug is inspired by error messages, malfunctioning machines and dirty digital mishaps.
The crackly blips, bleeps and sfx make for great interface elements and motion gestures, while the seamlessly looping musical elements and longer-playing soundscapes add some extra special dark texture to your projects.
The library is available for purchase for $19 USD.
More information: New Atlantis Audio / Bug
IK Multimedia is now shipping SampleTank 3, the sound and groove workstation for Windows and Mac.
SampleTank 3 features a 33 GB sound library (containing over 4,000 instruments), 64-bit compatibility, completely redesigned user interface, 55 high-quality effects, new loop and groove management and an enhanced sample engine.
SampleTank 3 gives musicians a wider selection than ever before, with over 4,000 instruments to choose from in 21 categories that stretch across every genre and style imaginable — everything from acoustic to electric, ethnic to electronic and beyond.
All of SampleTank 3′s sounds have been sampled and crafted by IK’s team of professional audio engineers, with new lifelike expressiveness thanks to SampleTank 3 multiple articulations and new “round-robin” features. Musicians will enjoy the depth and nuance of their favorite instruments like never before: SampleTank 3′s pianos, drums, basses, guitars, synthesizers, brass, strings, vocals and other more exotic sounds shine brightly and stand out in any mix with little-to-no adjustment required.
Changes in SampleTank 3
- Over 33 GB of included sounds.
- Over 4,000 new instruments with 21 instrument categories covering the entire span of acoustic, electric and electronic sounds.
- Over 2,500 drum, percussion and full construction-kit loops played by world-renowned artists.
- Over 2,000 MIDI files in all categories.
- Completely redesigned interface with 3 main environments: Play, Mix and Edit that retain SampleTank’s legendary ease-of-use and fast operation.
- 16 channel multi-part Play interface with easy layering and an integrated MIDI player and mixer.
- All-in-one sound Edit page with 3 sample engines (including formant preserving pitch-shifting and time-stretching engines), 10 filter types and 8 macro controls per instrument for quick multi-parameter editing.
- “Round robin” and multiple articulations that are triggerable via key switch, modulation wheel or velocity.
- Multi-channel mixer-like Mix interface with 5 insert effects per channel, 4 stereo effect returns (with 5 insert effects each) and a master channel with 5 insert effects that allow for up to 30 effects per instrument.
- 55 high-quality integrated effects, including 22 new effects for mixing, mastering and more creative applications derived from IK’s studio-grade T-RackS and AmpliTube production software.
- New Live mode lets you organize sounds for setlist and song for instant recall during performance.
- Accurate 3D renderings of instruments for easy identification and recall.
- Available as standalone and 64-bit plug-in for AAX, VST and Audio Units platforms on Mac OS X and Windows.
- Compatible with all previous “Powered by SampleTank” sound modules and sounds (can import all previous sounds and Combis).
SampleTank 3 is available for the introductory price of $299.00 USD/239 EUR until September 30th, 2014. SampleTank 2 XL or Miroslav Philharmonik full users can upgrade for $149 USD/119.99 EUR, and users of other paid IK software pay $199 USD/159.99 EUR. Regular prices are $349.99 USD/279.99 EUR, $199.99/159.99 and $249.99/199.99 EUR, respectively. Prices excluding taxes.
More information: IK Multimedia / SampleTank 3
Sounds To Sample has released Mad Zach’s Lab: Deep House, a Mad Lab Audio sample pack featuring thoughtfully crafted sounds, instruments, and creative deep house musical ideas, expertly tuned by the ears of a master.
Every element of the deep house style is covered – of course with a Mad Zach twist – from 909 heavy drums, to classic and forward thinking bass, supple pads, saw square and saw rooted synths, dusty mood samples, vocal chops, and a super powerful percussion rack.
Mad Zach’s Lab: Deep House features
- Fully pimped out production and performance template for Ableton with all sounds and instruments built in – no third party plugins required.
- A complete arsenal of raw analog and classic tones – all sampled at clean 24bit resolution from gear like the TR-909, Juno 106, Moogerfoogers, even a rare British tube channel strip – just to name a few.
- 4 fully crafted, amazing sounding demo songs (made exclusively with the template) – which can be picked apart and analyzed for remixing, learning, or just having fun.
- Deep custom drum racks – with macro’s set up to control the tone of all your essential sounds easily.
- Dynamic analog sample instruments – All the instruments in the pack were created by sampling raw waveforms from vintage analog synthesizers, and dropping them into samplers with full macro controls over all your most important synthesis parameters.
- 20 forward-thinking drum and percussion sketches – provided as part-separated audio/midi files, as well as from within Ableton for complete tonal control and pattern manipulation.
- 7 insanely funky built in grooves, which have been meticulously extracted from the original 909 shuffles.
- Inspiring clip grid loaded with 66 drum and 53 percussion loops organized into 10 separate idea clusters each with sets of loops for, bass, synth, mood, and other sounds.
- Mood and vocal sounds – loaded into their own rack with custom eq/effects macro’s.
- Built in mixing with specialized routing, side-chain compression, custom effects racks, and tone macro’s.
The pack is available for purchase for 14.99 EUR.
More information: Sounds To Sample / Mad Zach’s Lab: Deep House