VoltKitchen has released version 2.3 of MinimogueVA and MinimogueLUXUS, two free virtual Minimoog synthesizer instruments for Windows.
Changes in MinimogueVA/MinimogueLUXUS v2.3
- New 24dB filter and a button to switch between the old 12dB filter and the new 24dB filter. The new filter is very advanced with built-in distortion, so it will use much more CPU. The old 12dB filter did not open up completely, but now you can enjoy the bright sound like the orignal when cutoff set to max when 24 db filter is selected. All sounds in the factory bank are set to the old filter, but I hope we can upgrade the synth with some new 24dB filter sounds later. Many of the old sounds have high resonance, and I advice you to reduce resonance level when switching to the new filter.
- Osc drive(offset) has been changed. It still has a little bit of offset just like the original, but much less than the 2.2 version.
- 10 new sounds by Sinisa Lupis.
- Added midi learn for bar-sync and the 16 gate off/on buttons.
- LUXUS version has got a new layout of controls to look similar to the new controller by Mario Jurisch of Synth-project.de.
MinimogueVA and MinimogueLUXUS are available to download as freeware VST instruments for PC.
More information: Gunnar Ekornås
The VoltKitchen group has released version 2.2 of MinimogueVA and MinimogueLUXUS, two free virtual Minimoog synthesizer instruments for Windows PC.
Changes in MinimogueVA / MinimogueLUXUS v2.2
- Multi-core problem solved.
- 11 new sounds by “Greeg” Grzegorz Bartoszek. 1 new sound by “Joost” [VA] and 2 new audio-rate filter modulation patches.
- “All notes off” working properly.
- Changed knob response to vertical.
- New glide system that works like the original.
- New midi-learn system by right clicking any controller.
- New algorithm for self-oscillation level.
- Renamed all automation entries, and cleaned up the automation list.
- [MinimogueLUXUS] New reliable tap-tempo system by Chris Kerry.
- [MinimogueLUXUS] Fixed scrambeled pulse width values.
MinimogueVA and MinimogueLUXUS are available as freeware VST instruments for Windows PC.
More information: Gunnar Ekornås
Based on ARP’s legendary semi-modular analog monosynth! This amazing softsynth sounds very close to the original ARP 2600. Like the original, it’s a monosynth (no polyphony). But, also like the original, it has a multitude of Frequency Modulation options which enable it to create some truly awesome sound effects. PWM, Sample & Hold, virtual Spring Reverb, Ring Modulation, and a dedicated Noise Generator are all there!
Also, there are some things even the original Arp 2600 didn’t have, like Oscillator Sync and Filter Color (to adjust between LowPass and HiPass filter types). Most important of all, beginning with version 2.0 the Arppe2600va is now completely patchable via a cleverly designed Mod Matrix! You can have up to 12 patch routings with a very user-friendly (and visible!) drop-down menu interface, instead of messy virtual patch cables cluttering up the screen. All controls are mapped to MIDI CC#’s, and you can override the default settings by using the MIDI Learn feature. Use as a simple stand-alone synth (.exe file included), or copy the DLL into your favorite DAW or sequencer’s plugin folder.
There are 30 new patches by Gabriel Abney, plus 30 more by “Databass Tom”, for a total of 80 presets so far!
These new presets really show off the modular capabilities of Arppe2600va!
Also, an LFO keyboard trigger switch has been added.
Other than that, this is mainly a bug fix release, with the following repairs being made:
- The Gain slider in the VCA now properly acts as a Global Output, and has been labelled accordingly.
- All effects have been adjusted to go through the Global Output now.
- Oscillator wave phase adjustments were made, to sound closer to the original hardware.
- Volt Processor response is vastly improved.
- Obsolete elements in the programming were removed; it might improve CPU performance on some systems.
More information: Glen Stegner
VST Cafe has released the Greeg Minimogue VA Soundset, a collection of free patches for the Minimogue VA synth by Voltkitchen Group.
It contains 27 presets – suited for Electro, House, Electronica genres but you can also find some organs and harmonica sounds.
The Greeg Minimogue VA soundset is available as freeware. Any kind of feedback is appreciated.
Visit VST Cafe for more information and audio demos.
Related: Posted in on
VoltKitchen has released version 2.3 of MinimogueVA and MinimogueLUXUS,
two free virtual Minimoog synthesizer instruments for Windows. Changes in …
Gunnar Ekornås (from Voltkitchen) has released version 1.0 of Messiah, a Prophet 5 inspired VSTi synth made with SynthEdit. Messiah features Three innovative oscillators: Morph oscillator with 4 waveforms. Unison oscillator with 7 voices (and … read more
Based on the most popular analog monosynth of all time! This amazing softsynth sounds very close to the original Minimoog, yet has tons of additional features not present on the original Mini (as well as … read more
Tangues is a drum & bass loop, plain and simple. Mesh up has some nice delay fx in it, and Purple is a quick run on the Purple VSTi from 0d0 Synths. Lovely synth really, … read more
The Chip Collection has released V-Synth 50+, a collection of 53 patches for Roland’s V-Synth. Reignite your Roland with 50+ patches handcrafted for the V-synth. Designed over a period of months, it features: A better … read more
megaCelox is a flexible and well-sounding polyphonic stereo analog emulation software synthesizer with: 3 oscillators and a noise generator 1 ring modulator 1 multimode filter with different slopes 2 LFO’s (one is host syncable) 1 … read more