Abbey Road Studios releases RS124 Compressor
Abbey Road Studios has announced the release of the RS124 Compressor, an authentic emulation of one of Abbey Road Studio’s most sought after pieces of vintage gear.
This compressor plug-in provides incredibly accurate emulations of three original RS124 units from Abbey Road’s unique outboard collection, bringing the sound; look and functionality of these rare pieces of hardware to all major DAWs.
The RS124 plug-in was modeled using the original hardware and circuit diagrams with extensive listening tests taking place at Abbey Road under the guidance of Abbey Road’s Director of Engineering, Peter Cobbin. The RS124 is also one the worlds first dedicated Dynamics LCR plug-in, allowing users to ‘stack’ all three units on top of one another – as if you were in the studio! (TDM and RTAS only).
In addition to the functionality found on the original units, users can enjoy a new surprise feature. This extra function is wonderfully brutal and guaranteed to make your drums jump out of the speakers!
RS124 Compressor Plug-in features
- Three authentic compressor models based on vintage Abbey Road units.
- Each model recreates the sound and behaviour of the hardware unit.
- Authentic replication visually and sonically of the original hardware.
- Tested and approved by Abbey Road Studios’ Director of Engineering, Peter Cobbin.
- Added SuperFuse mode for more aggressive compression effect.
- Dedicated LCR version allowing Pro Tools HD users to ‘stack’ all three units on top of one another.
The RS124 Compressor Plug-in is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/TDM), priced at $560 USD (TDM) and $335 USD (Native). A free 10-day trial version can also be downloaded. An iLok USB key is required.