Abeem Live Technologies has released an update for Rack Performer, a modular host dedicated to stage performance, with a special emphasis on interface ergonomy and user interaction.
This release offers an advance on four different fronts: new multi-channel master modules completing the clock-free line, new multi-channel mixers completing the Camo Mixers line, improved readability and coherence of windows and GUI fonts, and many corrections and improvements especially around the legacy wave engines (MME and DirectSound)
Changes in Rack Performer v0.96-alpha3
- New modules:
- Octo-Channel Clock-Free Master Module (8×8 master).
- 16-Channel Clock-Free Master Module (16×16 master).
- 32-Channel Clock-Free Master Module (32×32 master).
- Camo Mixer x4 (simple 4 channels mixer).
- Camo Mixer x8 (simple 8 channels mixer).
- Camo Mixer x32 (simple 32 channels mixer).
- Stress Tool (special stress-load test module)
- Minor modifications:
- More uniform fonts and enhanced readability.
- Various GUI speed and performance optimizations.
- Master module state is now saved in scene snapshots.
- CPU overload protection can be set from config menu
- Bug fixes:
- Corrected a sneaky problem linked to patch buffer sharing optimization.
- Corrected many font-related display issues.
- Fixed possible reentrency path in CPU overload protection.
- Repaired all multi-devices DSound wave engines.
- Hardened DSound wave engines (better stress resistance).
- Improved X-run detection in DSound wave engines.
- Improved X-run detection in MME wave engines.
- Fixed nasty bug in “Auto Poller MME” wave engine.
- Fixed nasty bug in “Compact Cluster MME (single)” wave engine.
- Fixed “Auto Poller MME” wave engine soft-start.
- Fixed “Flexible Propeller MME” wave engine soft-start
Rack Performer for Windows is available as a free download (registration required, free).
More information: Rack Performer