Ableton releases Live 8 and Suite 8
Ableton has released Live 8 and Suite 8, the latest version of the music production software for Windows and Mac.
Live 8 and Suite 8 enhance the Ableton vision of creative, real-time digital music with a wealth of new techniques, effects and most-wanted workflow improvements. These include a new groove engine, revamped warping techniques, live looping, five new effects (including the Ableton Vocoder), crossfades in the Arrangement View, group tracks and a reworked MIDI editor. Ableton Suite 8 includes all that plus a massive, inspired sound library and all the instruments a musician could hope for, including a wide range of synths, a sampler, electric and acoustic drums (new: Latin percussion), mallets (new: Collision), numerous sampled instruments and a new, even-mightier Operator.
New in Ableton Live 8
- New groove engine: new groove library, extract grooves from audio or MIDI, real time groove quantize.
- New warping engine: warp audio events by adjusting the events on the timeline, updated Beats Warp Mode, new Complex Warp Mode, slice audio files to MIDI tracks based on transients.
- Looper: classic sound-on-sound looping without the limitations of a hardware device. Record, overdub, undo and more without touching the computer. “First loop sync,” simple loop management.
- New effects: Vocoder, Multiband Dynamics, Overdrive, Limiter and Frequency Shifter
Workflow enhancements: including real-time crossfades in the Arrangement View, enhanced MIDI editing, group tracks, multiple track selection, a screen magnifier and more.
New in Ableton Suite 8
- World-class sound library: completely new sound library with real-world “Sound Objects,” presets, grooves, templates and, above all, over 1600 beautiful sounds.
- Collision and Corpus: a unique physical-modeling instrument for authentic mallet sounds and creative percussion. Includes Corpus, a separate effect that reproduces Collision’s resonator section.
- Latin Percussion: a collection of acoustic percussion instruments from the worlds of Brazilian, Afro-Cuban and African music plus a wide selection of clips and grooves for authentic usage.
- Operator, Ableton’s renowned do-it-all synthesizer, has been given a major overhaul. New filter types, more modulation routing options and additive wavetable synthesis with drawable partials make Operator more powerful and flexible than ever.
- Plus these existing Ableton instruments: Sampler, Electric, Tension, Analog, Drum Machines, Session Drums* and the Essential Instrument Collection 2*.
Ableton Live 8 and Suite 8 are available from your local retailer and at the Ableton online shop.
- Ableton Suite 8: Boxed €699 EUR / $849 USD, Download €549 EUR / $699 USD.
- Ableton Live 8: Boxed €449 EUR / $549 USD, Download €349 EUR / $449 USD.
- Collision: €129 EUR / $159 USD.
- Latin Percussion: €79 EUR / $99 USD.
Visit Ableton for more information.
*Boxed version only.