Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Ableton releases Orchestral Instrument Collection
Ableton has released Orchestral Instrument Collection, a bundle package of the Strings, Brass, Woodwinds and Percussion sample libraries produced in partnership with SONiVOX.
Each instrument has been painstakingly recorded in a number of velocities and articulations, employing the expertise of world-class musicians, engineers and producers. Grab your baton and create authentic, expressive orchestral arrangements within the familiar environment of Ableton Live – quickly and easily. And underneath the hood, Live’s SmartPriming technology manages system resources efficiently, giving you big orchestral sounds with a minimum of CPU action.
Orchestral Instrument Collection features
- Orchestral Strings – A comprehensive selection of naturally rich and dynamic stringed instruments. Features solo and ensemble violin, viola, cello and double bass, all recorded in their natural positions within the orchestra, complete with a number of articulations.
- Orchestral Brass – A thorough set of vivid and colorful brass instruments. Features solo and ensemble French horn, trombone, trumpet and tuba, with a unique set of articulations in multiple section sizes.
- Orchestral Woodwinds – Delivers a variety of clear and vibrant wind instruments. Features solo and ensemble flute, clarinet, bassoon, oboe and English horn with a broad selection of articulations.
- Orchestral Percussion – Captures the true essence of symphonic percussion instruments in pristine quality. Features vibraphone, marimba, xylophone, crotales, glockenspiel, tubular bells, cymbals and timpani with a variety of articulations.
- All instruments are meticulously multisampled in a variety of velocities and articulations.
- All instruments are perfectly integrated into Ableton Live’s workflow. Instruments are loaded via Simpler, which is included with Live 7.
- All instruments take advantage of SmartPriming, Live 7′s new resource-efficient sample engine, allowing users to work with an impressive number of instruments in their compositions.
- Includes special Rack versions of each instrument, with all articulations switchable via a single macro control in real time for maximum playability.
- Each instrument includes versions for high-quality production and CPU conservation.
The Orchestral Instrument Collection is available for 499 EUR / $599 USD. The instruments can also be purchased separately. Check the Ableton Shop for current prices (which seem quite a bit lower than when the instruments were first announced back in October 2007).
Visit Ableton for more information and audio demos.