Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.3.1
Ableton has updated its Live music production software for Windows and Mac to version 8.3.1.
Ableton Live is about making music; for composition, songwriting, recording, production, remixing and live performance. Live’s nonlinear, intuitive flow, alongside powerful real-time editing and flexible performance options, make it a unique studio tool and a favorite with live performers.
Changes in Live 8.3.1
- Improvements and feature changes:
- Added support for Mac OS 10.8 “Mountain Lion”.
- Improved performance when recording many MIDI CC data into MIDI clips.
- The default takeover mode for control surfaces has been changed to “none” (this will only affect new installations).
- Minor changes for usage data reporting.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug which could lead to degraded resolution of automation data when recording automation for VST plugins running in Novation’s Automap shell.
- Fixed a bug which prevented samples from being opened in an external sample editor.
- Fixed a crash which could occur when importing two identical audio files into Live.
- Fixed a bug which could lead to two undo steps when freezing a track.
- Fixed a bug which could cause the save dialogue to disappear in OS X Lion.
- Under certain conditions, Live’s splash screen wouldn’t appear on OS X Lion.
- Opening an alias file of a Live set wouldn’t work on OS X Lion.
- Fixed login problems in the SoundCloud uploader on Windows.
- Fixed a rare crash which could occur with automatic updates on certain Windows computers.
The update is available to download for registered Live 8 users.
More information: Ableton