accSone has announced the release of crusherX-Live! 7.1, a major new version of the granular sound system for Windows.
crusherX-Live! 7 introduces a new vapor parameter: X-Crush. Invented by accSone in 2014, who say it is unique in the world of granular synthesis, X-Crush adds a special asymmetric ring-modulation transformation fed by the overlap of each grain with its successor. While interacting dynamically with the other vapor parameters X-Crush will lead from subtle ringing artifacts up to extreme phase shifting and distortion sounds.
Also, the UI has been reworked to integrate better into professional environments. crusher-Live! supports Windows 8.1.
Changes in crusherX-Live! v7.1
- Adds X-Crush parameter that does sound processing on the grain overlaps.
- Fixes crash on long grain lengths in combination with high MIDI notes.
- Adds automatic fader range buttons behavior on parameter changes.
- Improves UX, enhance workflows and UI Skins.
- Adds standard menu popups for item selection.
- Fixes volume slider manual editing bug.
- Reduces footprint of the program data (faster program loading).
crusherX-Live! for Windows is available for purchase for 79 EUR. The Upgrade from a previous version is 49 EUR. Prices include 19% VAT.
More information: crusherX-Live!