Acon Digital has announced the release of DeVerberate, a reverb reduction effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The balance between direct sound and reverberation is essential for the acoustic quality of audio recordings. We have now released DeVerberate, a new plug-in that can attenuate or boost the reverberation present in recorded material.
The novel real-time algorithm works well also with mono recordings and splits the incoming audio into an estimation of the direct sound and the reverberated sound which can then be recombined freely. The improvement process can be monitored visually using the spectral representations of the input and output signal as well as of the estimated reverberation.
- Separate adjustments of the direct sound and the reverberation levels.
- Manual adjustment of the decay time of the original reverberation.
- Frequency spectrum representation of the of the following signals:
- Input signal.
- Output signal.
- Estimated reverberation.
- Frequency emphasis filter for the the reduction level
- High and low shelving filters with variable slopes (-3 to -96 dB / octave).
- High and low peak filters with adjustable bandwidth (0.1 to 3.0 octaves).
- Graphical representation of frequency response.
- Editing of filter settings through handles in the frequency response curve.
DeVerberate for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $99.90 USD.