Note: this post is from 2006, outbound links may be broken.
Acon Digital Media releases EffectChainer 1.0
With EffectChainer you can load, edit and chain as many DirectX and VST plug-ins you want. EffectChainer itself can be used as a plug-in in any host application supporting DirectX or VST.
- Universal wrapper and effect rack
- Use DirectX plug-ins in applications supporting only VST plug-ins
- Use VST plug-ins in applications supporting only DirectX plug-ins
- Can be used from DirectX and VST compatible host applications
- Supports VST and DirectX plug-ins – you can load as much plug-ins your computer can handle
- Processes audio successively by all loaded and active effects
- Supports mono and stereo inputs / outputs
- Easy to use interface providing access to all features (effect menu, options menu, mute / solo functions, drag & drop to change effect order, editor access)
- Effect editor including complete parameter and program (VST) / preset (DirectX) handling
- Possibility to save and load chains in the Acon Effect Chain file format, the common VST program / bank system or as static presets (DirectX version)
- Share effect chain files across different applications