Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Acousticas releases Lexicon 224XL impulse response library
Acousticas has released the Lexicon 224XL impulse response library, a collection of 597 raw impulses.
Applying this machine on vocals is absolutely breath taking. The silky lush sound of the L224XL is generating amazing spaciousness. The library has been divided into 7 categories, covering various application styles. Future updates are planned covering even more aspects of the Lexicon 224XL.
Lexicon 224XL library features
- Hall 01 — 87 unique IRs, made with a general hall setting. This version is appropriate for all applications.
- Hall 02 — 87 unique IRS, made with another general hall setting. This version is appropriate for all applications.
- Vocal — 87 unique IRs, made with vocal applications in mind. Reflection delays have been carefully programmed to widen and “stereoize” the image. The reverb tail is slightly lowered but very audible.
- Orchestral — 87 unique IRs, made with orchestral instrument applications in mind.
- Plate 01 — 93 unique IRs, made with a short place algorithm with percussive applications in mind.
- Plate 02 — 87 unique IRs, made with a general plate algorithm for a wide range of applications.
- Ambience — 69 unique IRs, made with an ultra short setting. Reverb times ranging from 0.20 to 1.30 seconds.
- The unit has been recorded analog with the L224XL converters and not digitally.
- All versions have a total of 3 presets: Linear, C-weighted and A-weighted impulse responses.
The Lexicon 224XL impulse response library is available now for 79 EUR.
Visit Acousticas for more information and audio demos.