Acousticsamples has released Balani, a Guinean balafon sample library for Kontakt, EXS24 and ASPlayer.
Balani is a 2 1/2 octave balafon (or balaphon) with small calabash resonators form Guinea. It originally plays a B major scale (20 notes) and has been extended (to 33 notes) for this library.
- Recorded at 88.2khz 24bits, downsampled to 44.1khz 24bits.
- 230Mb sample bank, no loops, 967 samples.
- 12 velocity layers per note.
- 4 round robins to avoid the machine gun effect (so 48 samples per note).
- Both original and corrected tunings are available for a traditional or contemporary sound.
- The Kontakt version features a manual tuning table to allow you to tune it your way.
- Available for Kontakt 2, 3 and 4, EXS and the free ASPlayer (AU/VST, Windows and Mac).
Balani is available to purchase for $42 USD.