Adam Monroe Music has released a Mac OS X version of Honky Tonk Piano and updated the Windows version to 2.0.
Adam Monroe’s Honky Tonk piano is an instrument/sample library that is designed to replicate the full range and “honky” sound of a vintage chickering upright piano.
Changes in Honky Tonk Piano v2.0
- Added a GUI pop-up window that tells a user how many samples have been loaded.
- Added multi-threading and a “Buffer For” switch. Dramatically improves playback on slower systems.
- Eliminated the need for sample data to exist in VST directory.
- Fixed problem with audio “pops” when holding down notes until their end.
- Optimized slow c++ code (dynamic lists) down to optimized C code (static arrays) and optimized buffering code.
- Wave file buffers are now properly freed when closing plugin.
- Eliminated 100MB deallocation memory leak.
- Eliminated the need for sample data to exist in VST directory, a user can now place samples anywhere and the VST will ask for their location.
Honky Tonk Piano (VST/AU/Kontakt) is available for purchase for $20 USD.