Adobe Audition 3
New in Audition 3
- VSTi virtual instrument support — Expand your options with support for a wide range of industry-standard virtual instruments in your music production. Record and edit MIDI in the piano roll editor to drive your VSTi virtual instruments.
- Enhanced spectral editing — Zero in with new selection tools in the Spectral Pan and Spectral Phase displays. Use the Effects Paintbrush to apply effects in varying degrees to a selection. Smooth over a selected region to automatically repair clicks, pops, and other noises using the Spot Healing Brush.
- Improved multitrack editing — Save time and increase accuracy by editing grouped clips together, including trims and fades. Ripple delete on one or more tracks. Then quickly batch save all audio files.
- New effects — New effects including Convolution Reverb, Analog Delay, Mastering tool, and Tube-modeled Compressor offer an even wider range of creative possibilities.
- Radius time stretching from iZotope —Alter tempo without changing pitch, or change pitch without tempo distortion, using the high-quality time-stretch algorithm from industry leader iZotope.
- Guitar Suite effects — Perfect your sound with analog-modeled guitar effects that can be used with guitars or other instruments. Use one or stack many together to make your sound unique.
- Top/Tail Views — Zoom into the beginning and the end of a file so you can quickly add precise fades while keeping the whole file in view.
- Noise reduction and phase restoration tools —Use the new Adaptive Noise Reduction tool to intelligently remove noise that changes over time. The Automatic Phase Correction tool calculates and applies the optimal delay to align channels of a stereo waveform.
- Superior performance — Get more power with new support for multicore machines. The optimized mix engine allows for more tracks and effects on the same machine, offering more variety and faster processing.
- Waveform editing tools —Quickly mix files together by dragging clips and controlling automatic crossfades with on-clip handles.
Check this page for more detail on Audition 3′s features.
Adobe Audition 3 is expected to ship by November 2007, and an estimated street price of US$349. You can already preorder it from the online Adobe Store. For US$99 you can upgrade from a previous Audition or Adobe Production Studio Premium.
Visit Adobe for more information.