Akai announces the MPK88, MPD18 and MINIAK
Akai Professional has announced some new products at the MusikMesse.
The MPK88 is a professional performance keyboard controller with MPC production controls.
The MPK88 draws on the design of the popular MPK49, the first keyboard ever to features MPC pads. This first-of-its-kind keyboard is ideal for performance, starting with a premium, fully weighted, hammer-action keyboard, adding MPC pads, Q-Link controls, and a selection of MPC technologies. The MPK88 is born for the stage and is equally at home in the studio.
- 88-key fully weighted, hammer-action keyboard with aftertouch for expressive melodic creativity.
- MPC-pad section of 16 genuine MPC pads with pressure and velocity sensitivity.
- MPC pads access four banks each for instant access to 48 samples.
- Assignable Q-Link controller section for flexible control of most software parameters.
- Eight Q-Link knobs, eight Q-Link faders, eight Q-Link buttons, three banks each.
- Key Split enables control of two different sounds from the same keyboard .
- Dedicated transport controls for tracking and editing.
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator aid in creative process.
- MPC Full Level, MPC 16-Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with tempo and dynamics.
- MIDI output over USB, bus powered, class compliant: plug and play with one USB cable.
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite Akai Edition software.
- Works with most MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software.
The MPD18 is the most portable, easy-to-fit MPD for your setup.
If all you need is a set of 16 high-quality MPC pads in a super-compact footprint that will fit into any music production setup, you’ll want to check out the new MPD18. This USB-MIDI controller can work with virtually all software and hardware, and can be had for a song.
- MIDI controller for production and performance.
- MPC pads: bank of 16, velocity and pressure-sensitive.
- Three selectable pad banks for a total of 48 sounds accessible from the pads.
- Two Q-Link assignable controllers: fader and button.
- MIDI-over-USB or MIDI operation.
- MPC 16-Level and Full Level.
- USB powered or powered via optional AC adapter.
The MINIAK is a music production powerhouse, featuring virtual analog and FM synthesis, more than 600 presets, onboard sequencing, a built-in arpeggiator, onboard effects and a 40-band vocoder.
The MINIAK is the first synthesizer from Akai Professional. Developed in partnership with the world-renowned Alesis synthesis team, the MINIAK brings together the control of the Akai Pro MPD, MPK, and APC series with powerful DSP sound-generation technology. The MINIAK is a perfect synth for producers in the studio and live performers on stage because, while it is extremely compact and portable, it’s a serious instrument for creating sounds for both performance and production.
- Eight voices, each with three oscillators.
- Up to eight multi-timbral parts with stereo effects and 40-band vocoder.
- Two multi-mode filters, three envelope generators, two LFOs, sample and hold, tracking .
- Dynamic real-time and step sequencers, arpeggiator, and drum machine/rhythm .
- Stereo bus effects including reverbs and delays.
- 24-bit 1/4″ balanced stereo analog outputs and inputs.
- 37-key synth-action keyboard with velocity sensitivity.
- More than 600 preset sounds.
- Sound banks: bass, lead, pad, string, brass, keys, comp, drum, SFX.
Pricing and availability of the MPK88, MPD18, and MINIAK are TBA.
Visit Akai Professional for more information.
ADAM Professional Audio announces SX-Series