Akai has announced that the MPC5000 and MPD32 are now shipping.
MPC5000 is the first MPC to permit eight-track streaming hard disk recording for real-time capture of individual tracks or even entire songs.
A 20-voice, three-oscillator analog synthesizer with arpeggiator, a new sequencing engine with 960 PPQ resolution, pad and track muting and mixing, 64 continuous sample tracks and 12 Q-Link controllers highlight just some of the never-before-seen features and capabilities that make MPC5000 the most advanced MPC ever.
Check the MPC5000 page for detailed features.
Akai’s MPC5000 is available from music and pro audio retailers for an MSRP of $3,499 USD.
MPD32 MIDI/USB software control surface
The MPD32 is Akai’s much-anticipated flagship pad controller for musicians and DJs.
Using a USB cable to connect to a Mac or PC, MPD32 is perfect for hardware control of popular music programs such as Reason, Ableton Live and GarageBand. MPD32 is the only pad controller to feature Akai Pro’s renowned MPC Note Repeat with swing and gate time parameters.
MPD32 key features
- MIDI-synced note-repeat with MPC swing.
- Sixteen full-sized, genuine MPC pads with velocity and pressure-sensitive response.
- Three banks of eight assignable switches, sliders and endless knobs for a total of 72 controllers.
- Two assignable Foot Switches.
- One assignable Foot Pedal controller.
- Large, easy-to-read backlit LCD.
- Thirty user-definable presets for use with software applications.
- MMC/MIDI Start/Stop transport buttons.
- Ableton Live Akai Edition software included.
- BFD Lite software included.
The MPD32 is available for purchase now, with an MSRP of $499 USD.
Visit Akai Professional for more information.