Akai has announced the Pro MPK mini, a portable mini keyboard featuring drum pads with assignable controls.
The Akai Pro MPK mini is an ultra-compact mini-keyboard with an impressive array of buttons, knobs and pads to provide “hands-on” performance and production control no matter your location.
MPK mini strikes the perfect balance between portability and comprehensive software control by melding together the complete control offered in the popular Akai Pro MPK family with the grab-and-go convenience of the LPK25 and LPD8.
With a 25-note keyboard, 8 back-lit, MPC-style pads and 8 Q-Link knobs, the MPK mini is the ultimate portable controller to get your music moving.
Pro MPK mini features
- Ultra-portable software MIDI controller.
- 25-note, velocity-sensitive mini keyboard.
- Eight backlit, velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads (2 banks, 16 total).
- Pads can send note information, MIDI CCs and program changes.
- Eight assignable Q-Link knobs to adjust virtually any parameter.
- Built-in Arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range and patterns.
- Tap-Tempo button to quickly adjust pace of the Arpeggiator.
- Dedicated Octave Up, Octave Down and Sustain buttons.
- Program Recall button to restore up to 4 separate global settings.
- Solid Akai Pro design.
- Powered through USB.
The Pro MPK mini will be available soon for $199 USD.