Akai Professional announces MPD26
Akai Professional has announced the MPD26, a USB/MIDI pad controller with genuine MPC pads.
The heart of the MPD26 is its bank of 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive MPC pads, an Akai Professional exclusive. Producers can access four different sounds from each MPC pad for a total of 64 at a time. The MPD26 also features the MPC series’ assignable Q-Link controllers, enabling musicians to control a wide range of parameters in their software in real time. The MPD26’s six assignable Q-Link faders and six assignable Q-Link 360° knobs enable producers to spend less time with the mouse and more time making music. The MPD26 also has a dedicated set of transport controls for instant access to the most commonly used DAW or sequencing-software controls.
- Access 64 samples on 16 pressure and velocity-sensitive MPC pads with four banks each.
- MPC technologies include Note Repeat, Swing, 16 Level, Full Level, and Tap Tempo.
- Control virtually any 12 software parameters on assignable Q-Link knobs and faders.
- Dedicated transport controls transmit MMC and MIDI to DAW and sequencing applications.
- MIDI output over USB and traditional DIN MIDI I/O for controlling software and hardware.
- Backlit, easy-to-read screen.
- USB bus powered, class compliant: plug and play with one USB cable.
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite and Editor Librarian software.
The MPD26 will be available from pro audio and musical instrument retailers in January 2010. It has a U.S. Retail Price of $299 USD and an estimated street price of $199 USD.