Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Akai releases XR20 Beat Production Station
Akai has released the XR20, a portable beat production center loaded with fresh sound library that’s designed for making hip-hop and R&B wherever and whenever inspiration strikes.
XR20 includes reverb, EQ, and compression to enable MCs and producers to complete their tracks. Plug in a microphone and mix vocals with your beats. XR20 runs on wall or battery power so it’s flexible and portable. In Pattern Play mode, you can trigger different patterns from each pad, so you can tailor the beats to flow with the energy on-stage. Bright blue pads light with the beat to illuminate your performances as you light up the club.
XR20 Beat Production Station features
- Over 700 sounds produced by Chronic Music.
- 99 Preset patterns and 99 User patterns.
- Backlit LCD.
- Bright, glowing, backlit pads that follow the beat.
- Microphone input and Headphone output.
- Pattern Play Mode – Different patterns can be triggered from individual pads.
- Drum Roll / Note Repeat feature for realism and expression.
- Battery Power capability and AC Adapter.
Visit Akai Professional for more information.