Alesis has announced the 3632 Compressor, a dual-channel compressor, limiter, and gate unit.
The Alesis 3630 Compressor™ is the most popular dynamics processor ever made. Its successor, the 3632 Compressor, builds on the 3630’s popular design and features. The single rack-space unit provides two independent, fully featured compressor and limiter units with excellent sonic quality for any application from studio recording to live sound or broadcast.
3632 Compressor features
- Stereo compressor/expander/limiter/gate.
- Minimized signal path for optimal sound quality.
- Intelligent Knee for musical performance with soft and hard-knee envelopes.
- Intelligent Ratio adjusts expansion based on input signal.
- Intelligent Gain auto-adjusts output.
- Adjustable attack and release time.
- Couple switch for true stereo operation.
- Auto attack and release times based on signal analysis, plus full manual control.
- Couple Switch engages enables Channel One controls to affect both channels.
- Sidechain send and return for use in an external effects loop.
- Switchable low-cut filter minimizes audio-program pumping triggered by kick drum.
- Gain-reduction LEDs.
- Switchable input/output-level LED meters.
- Bypass switches on both channels.
The 3632 Compressor will be available from musical instrument and professional audio retailers in Q3 2011.
More information: Alesis