Alesis announces M1Active 520 USB
Alesis has announced the M1Active 520 USB, a set of nearfield studio monitors with USB audio interface.
We built M1Active 520USB around our popular five-inch polypropylene low-frequency driver for full, smooth response in the low end and our one-inch silk dome high-frequency driver for absolute clarity in the highs. Our custom crossover avoids the crucial vocal midrange, ensuring that your mixes sound the way you recorded them.
The low-resonance bass reflex cabinet features radiussed edges to reduce edge diffraction and a tuned port for bass extension. A bass boost switch offers low-frequency enhancement to further accommodate for room conditions requiring a little more output in the low end.
M1Active 520 USB features
- Two-way, active, bi-amplified pair of reference studio-monitor loudspeakers.
- Wide, 56 – 20,000 Hz frequency response.
- Five-inch lightweight polypropylene woofer with 50W RMS.
- One-inch silk-dome tweeter with 25W RMS.
- Integrated USB audio interface with 16-bit, 44.1/48 kHz recording and playback.
- Two balanced-1/4″ inputs.
- Stereo, 1/4″ headphone output.
- Magnetically shielded for placement near TV and computer monitors.
- Low-resonance cabinet with tuned bass port.
- Bi-color signal/clip indicator.
- Switchable power supply ensures worldwide operation.
M1Active 520 USB studio monitors will be available in Q3 2009, at an MSRP of $299.99 USD (estimated street price $199.99 USD).
Visit Alesis for more information.