Alesis introduces IO Mix four-channel recorder/mixer for iPad
Alesis has announced the IO Mix, the first device that turns your iPad into a powerful portable studio, allowing you to record multiple mics or instruments directly into GarageBand or any other compatible Core Audio app.
With the iO Dock, Alesis was the first to make your iPad studio-compatible. Now with the iO Mix, your iPad becomes your studio. All the connections you need are onboard, including four combo XLR-1/4″ input channels and balanced, stereo 1/4″ outputs. The iO Mix also has a video output, making it perfect for everything from presentations and corporate meetings to home entertainment and live performance visuals.
IO Mix features
- The world’s first mixer/multi-channel interface for iPad.
- Mix and record up to four channels, or a stereo mix into your iPad.
- Works with mics, instruments, speakers, headphones, video monitors and projectors.
- Four combo XLR-1/4″ input channels, each with trim, channel gain, pan, and low & high EQ.
- Switchable 48V phantom power for use with studio condenser microphones.
- Guitar-direct (DI) switch for guitar recording without an amp.
- Balanced, stereo 1/4″ outputs and 1/4″ headphone output with separate volume controls.
- Direct Monitor switch for latency-free input monitoring while recording.
- Switchable limiter for clip-free recordings.
- Hinged door completely encloses and secures your iPad.
- Core Audio-compliant: works with virtually any app in the App Store.
- Video output for connection to TVs and projectors: perfect for presentations, meetings and VJs.
- Mountable to a mic stand using the Alesis Module Mount (sold separately).
- Complete routing and signal-management controls.
- Power supply also charges your iPad.