Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Alesis MasterControl now shipping
Alesis has announced it is now shipping the MasterControl, a FireWire audio interface and control surface.
MasterControl is a professional audio interface and recording control surface, providing engineers with 44.1 – 192kHz-recording capability via ultra-fast, low latency FireWire and full-featured control of HUI-compatible DAWs and external MIDI devices.
Alesis MasterControl features
- FireWire connectivity: one cable carries all audio and control data
- DICE II chip with JetPLL™ technology for stable clock sync
- Up to 192 kHz (highest available) recording / playback capability
- Eight analog inputs, expandable up to 26 simultaneous
- Nine Touch-Sensitive, 100mm, motorized, capacitive Alps faders
- Eight assignable knobs, three banks each
- Two banks of eight assignable buttons, two banks each
- Dedicated transport controls with multifunction jog wheel
- Three pairs of independently assignable stereo outputs
- Dual, independently assignable stereo headphone outputs
- Flexible, direct monitor routing, assignable through any/all output pair(s)
- Dedicated talkback microphone with control surface or footswitch operation
- Steinberg Cubase LE included
- Ableton Live Lite included
- HUI+ Control Surface
- Compatible with all popular DAWs, virtual instruments, and other audio software
MasterControl is available from pro audio and musical instrument retailers. It has an MSRP of $1,299 and a street price of $899.99.
Visit Alesis for more information.