Alesis has announced the introduction of its Nitro electronic drum kit, a complete electronic drum set with unprecedented performance, features and responsive playability that enables younger, less experienced drummers to enjoy the full benefits of playing on a truly capable—but surprisingly affordable—electronic percussion set.
Nitro is a complete set that doesn’t skimp on features or omit important components in order to hit a particular price. On the contrary, Nitro includes everything a drummer requires for playing without limits.
It features four dynamic rubber drum pads—an 8-inch snare drum with dual zones for exceptionally great feel and natural response. There are also three 8-inch rubber-pad toms plus a kick drum pad with pedal. Three cymbals—ride, crash w/choke and hi-hat— give players a virtually unlimited range of versatility and playing expression. Nitro’s 4-post aluminum mounting rack keeps everything solid and secure and is far more resistant to hard playing than the shaky mounting schemes normally found on similarly-priced items.
Also included is the powerful Nitro electronic drum module with hundreds of percussion sounds, 40 different kits and 60 built-in play-along tracks.
“Alesis is well-known for its responsive, realistic-sounding electronic drum kits,” said Tim Root, Global Percussion Product Manager for Alesis. “But our new Nitro kit really has me excited. It sounds great, it feels great to play and it has every feature you could want. Younger drummers on a tight budget are going to absolutely eat this up.”
- Electronic drumset
- Dynamic, comfortable pads for great feel and natural response.
- 8” high quality rubber drum pads (dual-zone snare, three single-zone toms).
- Kick pad tower with bass drum pedal included.
- 10” cymbals: ride cymbal, hi-hat, crash w/choke.
- 4-post aluminum rack—super solid for stability and flexibility.
- Connection cables, drum sticks, drum key, and power supply included.
- Nitro electronic drum module
- 40 ready-to-play classic and modern kits—385 drum and cymbal sounds.
- 60 built-in play-along tracks, sequencer, metronome, and performance recorder.
- CD/MP3 aux input to play along with your own songs.
- USB/MIDI connection for virtual instruments and recording software.
- MIDI in and out ports connects directly to stand-alone MIDI gear.
- Stereo line outputs and headphone output.
The Nitro electronic drum kit will begin shipping December 1st, 2015, priced at $299 USD.