Alesis has announced the Q25, a new 25-note USB/MIDI keyboard controller.
Looking for a compact, no-hassle MIDI controller for all your music software and hardware needs? Tired of keyboard controllers jammed with knobs and sliders you’ll never use? Are you ready to just plug and play? If yes, the Q series of MIDI keyboard controllers is for you.
The Q25 is a 25-note, velocity-sensitive, MIDI keyboard controller with USB and traditional MIDI ports that enable you to connect to almost all MIDI equipment including software and sound modules. Thanks to Pitch and Modulation wheels, backlit Octave Up and Down buttons, and a Volume/Data Entry slider, you can add expression, range, and dynamics to your performances quickly and effortlessly.
Alesis Q25 features
- 25-note keyboard controller for melodic control of virtually all MIDI hardware and software.
- Velocity sensitive keys for expressive, musical performance.
- USB MIDI and traditional MIDI for use with Mac and PC, as well as MIDI hardware.
- Pitch and Modulation wheels for capturing musical expression.
- Backlit Octave Up and Down buttons expand your range.
- Assignable volume/data-entry slider enables you to control your most-used parameter.
- Sustain pedal input for complete performance (pedal sold separately).
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite Alesis Edition for recording, sequencing, and performing.
- Bus powered via USB, so you won’t need a power cable.
The Alesis Q25 will be available early Fall 2010 with a U.S. estimated street price of $79 USD.