Algorithmix has released LP SplitComp, a high-resolution linear-phase split compressor for VST-compatible audio workstations.
LP SplitComp is a creative dynamic tool with unparalleled transparency and sound purity combining the best of both the analog and digital worlds.
The split function allows dynamic processing only in the band of interest. Unlike many other split or multiband compressors the frequency crossover is made with low-noise linear-phase filters. They allow perfect band recombination after processing. The character of the PlugIn can be continuously adjusted between being more compressor or rather limiter. It provides a lot of psychoacoustically optimized features like automatic dynamic characteristics, soft knee, and parameterized soft clipper. To reduce the problem of alias frequencies being often a hidden problem in digital non-linear processors, a reference-quality oversampling has been implemented.
LP SplitComp features
- High-resolution linear-phase split filters allowing perfect band reconstruction after processing: low-cut, high-cut, band-pass, band-cut.
- Different modes: full-band, split-band, full-band parallel, selective parallel.
- Smoothly tunable between compressor and limiter character.
- Adjustable soft knee.
- Intelligent auto-release.
- Side-Chain EQ.
- Parameterized soft clipper.
- Reliable operation with up to 384 kHz sampling frequency, thus perfectly suitable for high-resolution DSD post-production.
- Oversampling to avoid unwanted alias-frequencies typical in digital compressors.
- All internal calculations in double floating-point accuracy (80 bits).
- Exact parameter editing via numerical fields.
- Three fast accessible presets for quick setup comparison.
- Several instances can be simultaneously opened.
- Complete setup exchange among simultaneously opened instances.
LP SplitComp is available as a VST effect plug-in for Windows PC for 1490 EUR. A fully functional 14-day trial version is available upon request.
Visit Algorithmix for more information.