Allen & Heath has announced it will introduce a brand new product to its range at PLASA, the ICE-16, a 16 In/16 Out audio interface allowing performers and audio engineers to easily capture high quality multi-track recordings direct to a USB drive or interface to a computer.
Fitted into a compact 1U rack design, ICE-16 is capable of studio quality interfacing, converting and bi-directional streaming of 16 channels over high-speed USB or FireWire at 24 bit, 96kHz resolution. Alternatively, 16 channels can be simultaneously recorded straight to a USB hard drive or memory stick at up to 24bit 48kHz resolution .wav file. The ICE-16 is expandable, so you can link units together and synchronize recording of many channels.
ICE-16 connects to any audio mixer or analogue source using ¼” jacks for the inputs and RCA phono connectors for the outputs. Signal and peak metering is provided for each channel and can be switched to show input or output. Headphone monitoring is also included and switches on each channel enable checking of individual or multiple channels. ASIO drivers and Core Audio compliance ensure full compatibility with all the main DAWs, including Logic, Sonar, Cubase and Pro Tools.
- 16 analogue Inputs, 16 analogue Outputs.
- Front USB socket for easy capture to USB storage devices.
- Hybrid FireWire (IEE1394) / USB2 .0 16×16 audio interface.
- Industry standard wav file format.
- Up to 6 hours of 16 channel audio on a 32GB USB stick.
- Signal Present and Peak LED metering on each channel.
- Mono headphone bus for Input or Output monitoring.
- Daisy chain multiple units over FireWire.
- Familiar Transport buttons and intuitive controls.
The ICE-16 will be £699 GPB inc. VAT.