Alterex has released ViSYNTH, a freeware synthesizer plug-in inspired by Synth Lite produced by MFB.
Alterex tried to catch the functionality and feeling of the original german unit but is not intended as software clone. It’s hard to deny that we have a weakness for small units.
- Oscillators: 2 with saw, square, pulse waveforms.
- Sub oscillator: 1 with a square waveform.
- Oscillator mode: ring-modulation 1*2, 1*2*3 and oscillator sync.
- Modulator: triangle, saw down, square and one shot saw down. The modulator can be set to the oscillators pitch and the filter’s cutoff amount. If the oscillator 2 is set to pulse, the modulator acts as pulse-width-modulation.
- Filter: 24db low-pass filter with envelope modulation (ADSR 1) and CV (note pitch) modulation.
- VCA: the ADSR 2 is set to the VCA (when the release value in the system settings is set to 0 the amount of the decay = the amount of the release value).
- Global settings: modulation wheel: can be set to oscillator pitch or filter’s cutoff velocity sensitivity.
ViSYNTH is available as a freeware VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC.
More information: Alterex