Aly James Lab updates FMDRIVE synth plugin to v1.2
Aly James Lab has updated the FMDRIVE Sega Mega Drive / Genesis FM synthesizer plug-in for Windows to version 1.2.
FMDRIVE is not simply an YM2612 emulator, it add many extended features and huge user friendly GUI!
It is a fantastic synth suitable for chip music and SEGA nostalgic pleasure and also a powerful FM tool for modern music production.
Changes in FMDRIVE v1.2
- Rewritten fast & accurate distortion emulation “ladder effect” of MD model 1.
- PCM sample data DAC filter improved (now also benefit from the ladder effect too).
- New DAC PCM data read LOOP function (can loop the sample data with start and end point for nice fx).
- New DAC PCM wav files can now also be browed & imported via windows native explorer (with no location limitation).
- New Polyphony up to 6 voices.
- New optional frequency FREEZE (fixed frequency) for SPECIAL MODE.
- New solid or line view for the envelope generators display with release stage highlight.
- Improved CSM mode implementation.
- CSM mode now respond to Release rate (RR) and handle external MIDI channels correctly.
- Glide is now available in polyphonic mode too!.
- Improved MONO mode.
- Plus minor audio engine and GUI improvement.
The FMDRIVE plug-in for Windows (VST) is available as donationware with a minimum donation of 10 EUR.