Andrew Sorensen updates Impromptu to v1.4
Andrew Sorensen has released version 1.4 of Impromptu, a programmable AudioUnit host for Mac.
Impromptu is an OSX programming environment for composers, sound artists, VJ’s and graphic artists with an interest in live or interactive programming. Impromptu is a Scheme language environment, a member of the Lisp family of languages.
Changes in Impromptu v1.4
- Major Additions
- Upwards of 200 new user functions.
- Over 150 new vDSP,vImage and veclib functions for data processing.
- New functions for interoperating with binary data more easily and efficiently (objc:data:*).
- Movie performance has been improved and now supports all QT formats.
- iChat Theater support for remote AV performance (simply drag and drop impromptu into your ichat session for live AV streaming).
- Improved CoreImage filter support (gfx:make-filter gfx:apply-filter and gfx:set-filter-param).
- New opengl functionality (lots of things).
- New text rendering support.
- New channel mapping AU.
- Major Bug Fixes
- Multi-channel audio updates (more flexible API).
- Scheme string port fixes (string ports used to crash in callbacks).
- Added OSC timestamp support (also added NTP support which can be used with OSC).
- Kore Player instantiation fix.
- OpenGL canvas now supports key and mouse events.
Impromptu v1.4 is available for download for Mac (OSX 10.5+) from the downloads page.
Visit the Impromptu website for more information.