Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Antares announces Harmony EFX
Antaras has announced Harmony EFX, a vocal modeling harmony generator for PC and Mac.
Harmony EFX is a streamlined (and incredibly affordable) version of our industry-leading Harmony Engine Evo Vocal Modeling Harmony Generator. Based on the same groundbreaking Evo™ Voice Processing Technology as its big brother, Harmony EFX puts professional quality vocal harmony arrangements within reach of any musician or engineer. Whether you’re an experienced vocal arranger, a songwriter looking for that perfect backup vocal, or a composer experimenting with unique vocal effects, Harmony EFX gives you entirely new ways to create the harmony parts you hear in your head.
Harmony EFX features
- Evo™ Voice Processing Technology for faster, more accurate pitch detection, smoother, artifact-free pitch shifting and seamless, natural-sounding (if you want it to be) throat modeling.
- Four high-quality, formant-corrected harmony voices with independent pan settings.
- Antares Throat Modeling technology that lets you process each harmony voice through a physical model of the human vocal tract.
- A variety of innovative Harmony Control modes, from fully automatic to individual control of every note:
- Fixed or Scale Intervals: Simply set the key and harmony voice intervals and let Harmony EFX do the rest
- Chord Degrees or Chord Name: Define your harmony chord-by-chord, complete with inversions and variable vocal ranges
- Chord by MIDI: Define your harmony in real time via a MIDI controller or pre-recorded MIDI track
- MIDI Omni: Directly “play” the four harmony voices as if they were voices of a synth or sampler
- MIDI Channel: Use four separate MIDI channels for absolute control over each note of your vocal arrangement
- Spread and Register controls that allow you to quickly and intuitively set the pitch range and harmony style of your vocal arrangement.
- Humanize functions that provide selectable amounts of variation to each harmony voice for realistic, natural sounding results.
- A Harmony Preset matrix that lets you create up to 12 complete harmony settings and instantaneously recall them in real time or via automation.
Harmony EFX will be available for purchase in mid October, for the introductory price of $49 USD (through the end of November).