Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Antares announces Harmony Engine
Key Harmony Engine features include
- Four high-quality, formant-corrected harmony voices with independent vocal character, vibrato, and pan settings
- Antares Throat Modeling technology that lets you process each harmony voice through a physical model of the human vocal tract
- A variety of innovative Harmony Control modes, from fully automatic to individual control of every noteement
- Spread and Register controls that allow you to quickly and intuitively set the pitch range and harmony style of your vocal arrangement
- Humanize functions that provide selectable amounts of variation to each harmony voice for realistic, natural sounding results
- A Freeze function that allows a unique variety of backup vocal effects by letting you instantly freeze pitch and/or formant articulation
- A Harmony Preset matrix that lets you create up to 15 complete harmony settings and instantaneously recall them in real time or via automation
- A Voice Parameter Preset matrix that lets you create and instantly recall up to 6 different “vocal groups”
- Five-channel output capability (host dependent) that lets you assign or export the original input and each of the four harmony voices to their own channels for further processing
Harmony Engine will be available in July, in RTAS (Mac and PC), VST (Mac and PC) and Audio Units (Mac) formats.