Apogee has announced GiO, a USB guitar interface and controller for the Mac.
GiO is the complete guitar interface for Apple’s new Logic Studio 9, MainStage 2 and GarageBand ’09. Combining effects control, recording functions and amazing sound quality, GiO delivers total access to incredible sounding guitar amps and effects in a single foot controller and interface.
Designed to work with the new Logic Studio 9 and MainStage 2, GiO allows guitar players to control recording functions, preset changes and plug-ins like Amp Designer and Pedalboard, along with new Playback and Loopback features in MainStage. With GarageBand 09, GiO is truly plug-and-play and lets users quickly connect their guitar, select and control built-in Amps and stompboxes, and record.
- Unbalanced 1/4” high impedance instrument input.
- 1/4” MIDI Expression pedal input.
- Line-level, 1/4” stereo output for headphones, powered monitors or an instrument amplifier.
- A/D and D/A conversion @ 44.1/48kHz, 24-bit.
- 5 Stompbox buttons, dynamically color coded to match software effects.
- 5 Transport control buttons, dynamically lit when engaged.
- 2 “Previous/Next” preset selection buttons.
- Control built into Apple’s GarageBand ’09, Logic Pro 9, and MainStage 2 software.
- Dimensions: 7″ W x 18″ L x 2.5″ H.
GiO will be available in September 2009, priced at $395 USD.
More information: Apogee