Apogee has announced the Symphony I/O Mk II, a second generation of its flagship audio interface for Thunderbolt, Pro Tools HD and SoundGrid.
Symphony I/O Mk II is a multi-channel audio interface featuring Apogee’s latest AD/DA conversion, modular I/O (up to 32 inputs and outputs), intuitive touchscreen display and optional world-class microphone preamps. The new Symphony I/O Mk II comes with direct connectivity to one of three different platforms – Thunderbolt™, Pro Tools® HD or Waves SoundGrid® network.
Since its release in 2010, the first generation Symphony I/O continues to be a gold standard for the professional recording industry and utilized by a wide variety of commercial studios, producers, engineers and artists worldwide such as Bob Ludwig, Spike Stent, Bob Clearmountain, Dave Tozer, Nathan Chapman and Studio 606. In fact, Apogee Symphony I/O was used to record many of this year’s Grammy nominated tracks for Record of the Year and Album of the Year.
Apogee engineers have made it their passion to improve every new flagship product by using the latest components and designing circuitry that often exceeds the expectations of the component manufacturers. This is the Apogee Advantage. Symphony I/O Mk II is the culmination of this 30 year commitment and raises the bar on all Apogee flagship products that have come before it, offering even better audio clarity and sonic transparency. When equipped with either the brand new 8×8 or 16×16 Mk II I/O modules, Symphony I/O Mk II outperforms all other multi-channel audio interfaces available for Pro Tools HD or Thunderbolt based systems.
Symphony I/O Mk II features
- Best AD/DA conversion of any Thunderbolt™ audio interface.
- Up to 32 channels of modular analog I/O with optional 8 mic preamps.
Original Symphony I/O modules are compatible with new Mk II chassis.
- Best per-channel value of any interface in its category.
- Choice of Thunderbolt, Pro Tools® HD (Mac/PC) or Waves SoundGrid® connectivity.
- Ultra-low latency performance – 1.35 ms with Thunderbolt and Logic Pro X.
- Intuitive touchscreen display and front panel control.
- Designed in California, Built in the U.S.A.
Symphony I/O Mk II for Thunderbolt is now shipping:
- 2×6 Configuration: $2295 USD
- 8×8 Configuration: $3295 USD
- 16×16 Configuration: $4295 USD
- 8×8+8MP Configuration: $4690 USD
- Empty Mk II Thunderbolt Chassis (No I/O Modules): $1695 USD
Symphony I/O Mk II HD is coming in Spring 2016, and Symphony I/O Mk II SoundGrid is coming Fall 2016. Symphony I/O Mk II and other Apogee products are demonstrated at the 2016 NAMM show, booth #6500, from January 21-24, 2016.