Apogee launches MiC 96k
Apogee Electronics has announced the release of MiC 96k, a professional quality microphone for GarageBand on iPad, iPhone and Mac.
Apogee MiC 96k is a digital microphone designed to deliver studio quality recording you can take anywhere. Use MiC 96k to record vocals, spoken word, acoustic guitar, piano, drums…anything! Inspired by the most revered and classic microphones in history, MiC 96k is designed to sound amazing and be easy to use with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.
MiC 96k combines a microphone, microphone preamp and an A/D converter into one compact device. Apogee has carefully designed each part of MiC 96k to deliver the lowest noise and highest quality signal possible for a digital microphone. And it all fits in your pocket.
MiC 96k features
- PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality.
- Studio quality cardioid condenser microphone.
- Up to 96kHz, 24-bit analog-to-digital conversion.
- Studio quality microphone preamp with up to 40dB of gain.
- No configuration, just plug in and record.
- Control knob allows easy input level adjustment.
- Multicolor LED for status indication and input level monitoring.
- Designed for vocal and acoustic instrument recording.
- Also great for recording interviews, podcasts, voice overs, and audio for DSLR video.
- All metal construction.
- Extremely compact and portable.
- Works with GarageBand.
- Bus-powered by iPad, iPhone or Mac (no batteries or external power required).
- Made in the U.S.A.
The MiC 96k is now shipping worldwide, priced at $229 USD.