Applied Acoustics Systems has releases String Studio VS-2, an updated version of the string modelling synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
String Studio VS-2 is a string modeling synthesizer plug-in that swaps the traditional oscillator sound source for a string.
With its picks, bows, hammers, fingers, frets, dampers, and soundboards, it is a unique blend of acoustic modeling and regular synth-control features—you won’t believe how crazy you can go with a simple string.
Changes in String Studio VS-2
- Factory library — The completely renewed factory library has well over 600 production-ready sounds classified for fast and intuitive exploration.
- Sean Divine signature sounds — A collection of 50 inspiring signature presets by producer Sean Divine.
- Compressor and equalizer — These new additions are perfect to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.
- Limiter — The new output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the synth’s parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.
- Streamlined interface — Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides String Studio VS-2 into three panels: Play presents shortcuts to the performance and effect parameters including bypass switches for quick edits; Edit lets you tweak and create your sound; while FX supplies equalizer, compressor, multi-effect, and reverb processors for a final sheen.
- Bank and program manager — String Studio VS-2’s new manager allows simple and efficient organization, backup, and sharing of your sounds.
- Backward compatible with VS-1 presets — Simply put your String Studio VS-1 exported presets in String Studio VS-2‘s bank folder to convert them.
- Overhauled effects — Reinvigorated and polished, String Studio VS-2’s multi-effect processor features our best sounding chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb to date!
- Microtonal tunings via Scala scale files — String Studio VS-2 now supports the Scala scale file format for microtonal music making.
- Native 64-bit AU, VST, and AAX plugins — String Studio VS-2 now runs in native 64-bit on Mac OS X and Windows making it compatible with the latest sequencers.
String Studio VS-2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for the introductory price of $99 USD until July 1st, 2014 (regular $199 USD). The just-released Frontier sound bank by Daniel Stawczyk is included free of charge during this promotion.