Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Arman Bohn releases SK-crooner v1.0 Beta
Arman Bohn has released a beta version of SK-crooner, a freeware vocal synth based on the 8-bit “human voice” patch from the Casio SK-1.
I loved this sound when I was growing up … very spooky and unnatural.
- Two separate modes: Original (modeled after the Casio SK-1) and Tone held (for long notes).
- ADSR Amplitude Envelope.
- Vibrato with Rate and Depth.
- Filter control with Frequency and Resonance.
- Sample Rate and Bit Depth Crush.
- Variable Portamento.
- Master Volume Level.
- Reverb with Size, Depth and Width Control.
SK-crooner is available as a VST plug-in for Windows PC.
Visit Arman Bohn for more information and audio demos.